U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 PM

24 posts, read 42,517 times

Advertisements

there is a company called 542rent.com that deals with listings for monmouth and ocean county ive seen a few things that looked reasonable good but doesnt give all info i have to like sign up to view the info and pics as well as additional places in there data pool. its seems to be owned by the rental networks and east coast estates in the same buidling. there is a fee for $150.00. i want to get feedback regarding if anyone used them, or is familiar with the estate company in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,148,162 times
I have never heard of them. Personally I would say to save your money and hire a realtor or go on Craigslist.com or rent.com

That will save you $150! There is no reason to pay that fee as a tenant.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:50 PM

24 posts, read 42,517 times
I saw that company on craigslist actually on a couple of places so was knina curiousif anyone ever dealt with them

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM

39 posts, read 162,057 times
I dont trust these types of companies. The rents that they do list seem too good to be true. When I was looking for an apt. a few years ago I researched using one of these types of companies and I read on line that most of their listings are outdated and that they just compile a bunch of listings that they find online and in the newspaper anyway.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:44 PM

9 posts, read 18,056 times
Default There Good Will Find You Housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0848 View Post
there is a company called 542rent.com that deals with listings for monmouth and ocean county ive seen a few things that looked reasonable good but doesnt give all info i have to like sign up to view the info and pics as well as additional places in there data pool. its seems to be owned by the rental networks and east coast estates in the same buidling. there is a fee for $150.00. i want to get feedback regarding if anyone used them, or is familiar with the estate company in general.
i'VE USED THEM LAST YEAR 2007 AND THEY FOUND ME A 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT IN SEASIDE PARK IT WAS NICE BUT THE LANDLORD WAS SHADY SO NOW I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE LANDLORD

Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,669,731 times
I would without a doubt go with a realtor for an apartment. CraigsList is OK but some property owners don't screen well if you go that route which in turn will leave you with some questionable neighbors.

All a website is going to do is send you a list that a realtor can do...for free.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0848 View Post
I saw that company on craigslist actually on a couple of places so was knina curiousif anyone ever dealt with them
Save your money and work with a realtor, it will save you money. Yes you might have to look a little since many realtors do not do rentals but it will be worth it. At least you know that you will likely get a good landlord and up to the date inventory.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM

11 posts, read 56,925 times
My bf used them, got tons and tons of listings, thoght it was great...BUT....ended up finding his apt in the newspaper!
He told me to use it since I was having trouble finding a place last month, but then I found a great one on craigslist.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorile38 View Post
My bf used them, got tons and tons of listings, thoght it was great...BUT....ended up finding his apt in the newspaper!
He told me to use it since I was having trouble finding a place last month, but then I found a great one on craigslist.
What would we do without Craigslist. Amazing resource for pretty much everything.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,388 times
I actually used 542RENT twice and was totally satisfied with their services. Once you pay, you are good for, I think 6 months, and can continuatlly go back for updates. Fortunately, both times, the first apartment I called on the list was the one I moved into and I was then able to share the list with friends who were looking to rent. I ended up living in each apartment for a few years. It really is worth it if you are having a hard time finding something to rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: