Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 07:49 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,304,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyer31 View Post
Can you all please help suggest NJ towns with low property taxes (bascially a bad school system is not an issue for me since I have no kids) but would definitely want a nice town with a safe neighbourhood and amenties etc in terms of proximity to malls or shopping etc. Any suggestions are welcome.
How young are you? If you're 55 or older, "senior communities" in Toms River or Berkeley Townships may be worth a look.

Many of their two or three bedroom ranch style homes have annual tax bills of only $2000. The neighborhoods are safe, these are clubhouse communities, and there is local shopping galore — and if you're a beach lover, 20 minutes by car to the ocean.

For starters — Holiday City at Berkeley | Toms River, NJ | 55 Places Communities
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:28 PM

119 posts, read 151,556 times
Cedar Grove

Old 03-20-2015, 09:00 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,648,567 times
Quote:
NJ= Highest property taxes in the country.
With NH second and Texas third. Nj supplies a lot more services than those states.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:24 AM

6 posts, read 12,690 times
We are looking for low taxes as well, found Mahwah, Englewood, Saddle River, Montvale, and Paramus and Teter-boro. Rutherford isnt bad either, great commute to city, urban suburb vibe, cute down-town!

Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 PM

41 posts, read 88,710 times
From my limited research, the Newark area is low on taxes, as well as Hamilton part that borders Trenton. The highest tax town, to my biggest surprise, is not the nicest either. Rochelle, Rochelle Park, that are close to Elizabeth. For a two family in these two towns, the property tax can be 24k a year. Any single family, no matter how small, how old it is, is about 10k+ tax.

Anyone who wants to live in Rochelle/Rochelle park, looks crazy to me.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:01 PM

19,064 posts, read 25,204,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkee View Post
Rochelle, Rochelle Park, that are close to Elizabeth. For a two family in these two towns, the property tax can be 24k a year. Any single family, no matter how small, how old it is, is about 10k+ tax.

Anyone who wants to live in Rochelle/Rochelle park, looks crazy to me.
You need to get your town names...straight.
The towns with similar names that are close to Elizabeth are Roselle and Roselle Park.

Rochelle Park is located in Bergen County--nowhere near Elizabeth--and there is no town (to my knowledge) in NJ named simply "Rochelle".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey