Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Bread, eggs, milk, snow shovels and rock salt are probably all gone from the stores as well!
I think that supermarkets and meteorologists have some kind of deal during the Winter months.
I agree...and you can add the airlines to the list. My brother was visiting from FL and was supposed to leave this morning. He paid $50 to change the flight so he could leave last night.

I sooo wish I were a weatherman. You don't have to be right and you still get paid. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
I sooo wish I were a weatherman. You don't have to be right and you still get paid. LOL.
They get paid very handsomely as well. We have a husband-wife team of meteorologists at one of our local television stations, and they live in a very extravagant home in an upscale community. Must be nice considering they're correct about 25% of the time. As an aspring CPA if I made mistakes 75% of the time on tax returns, I'd probably be behind bars for aiding and abetting tax evasion!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
They flip-flopped our forecast. We were supposed to get 2-4" of snow last night in Scranton, yet we barely got a flake. We were supposed to get less than an inch from "scattered snow showers" this afternoon and evening, but we now have about 4" of snow on the ground, and it's still coming down with a fury. People are about ready to storm the local television news stations with torches and pitchforks! LOL!
YES! I woke up this morning like "huh?" . we got more last night than sunday night when they were predicting several inches. they didn't mention ANYTHING last night and woke up to everything covered. it looks beautiful.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Someone should post pictures of the snow. I'd love to see.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Someone should post pictures of the snow. I'd love to see.
I will if it's still on the trees when I get home, but I doubt it will be.....

Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I will if it's still on the trees when I get home, but I doubt it will be.....

You guys need more snow this time of year (and I'm sure half of the posters are shooting me dirty looks through their monitors ).

As long as I get some snow when I come back up next month (I'll be happy either way, just to be back in NJ - but I'll be that much happier to get snow).

Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post

You guys need more snow this time of year (and I'm sure half of the posters are shooting me dirty looks through their monitors ).

As long as I get some snow when I come back up next month (I'll be happy either way, just to be back in NJ - but I'll be that much happier to get snow).
well, actually, the snowiest month is typically february. we had snow on the ground for about 1 month until we had that heat wave last week, so we only went a few days without snow on the ground in some fashion (very awkward sentence, lol).

Old 01-15-2008, 12:42 PM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
well, actually, the snowiest month is typically february. we had snow on the ground for about 1 month until we had that heat wave last week, so we only went a few days without snow on the ground in some fashion (very awkward sentence, lol).
Oh, okay. Perhaps the heat waves will keep away long enough, haha.

Are you in the northern part of the state?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
if you guys want snow TAKE IT!! up here in NH we got 40inches in Dec. and yesterday a foot overnight.. PLEASE take some of this snow..... I beg of you

Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 PM

41 posts, read 150,610 times
I live in the western side of the state, within 15 miles of PA. We were first forecasted to have 3-5". Then 4-6". Then 5-9", and finally it got up to 12" forecasted for Sunday night. Watched the snow fall with a nice toasty fire Sunday night, and went to bed late thinking we wouldn't have to get up for school the next day. WRONG! We got what I thought was the perfect snow...about 4 inches on the grass, trees all flocked, but nothing stuck to the roads or the paved part of the driveway!

So my kids were half an hour late to school yesterday. We received another inch last night overnight, and its snowing again now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey