Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,184,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
I started this thread as a criticism of Atlantic City Electric. I only mentioned Comcast because they are rated the worst company in America.
And they are rated worst for a reason.

For a simple order for a new internet connection, I had to spend over 2 hours and speak with 4 different reps. Lucky for me, the 4th one knew how to take an order from a new customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 PM

32,907 posts, read 36,292,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Wow!
I thought that Verizon's customer service was the worst, but clearly Comcast has beaten them by a country mile.

They're vying for last place. I left Verizon over a year ago because I grew tired of their incompetence.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,971,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
They're vying for last place. I left Verizon over a year ago because I grew tired of their incompetence.
Maybe they all suck.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I started this thread as a criticism of Atlantic City Electric. I only mentioned Comcast because they are rated the worst company in America.
Tell us all about it.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,638,433 times
Quote:

That would be Walmart .

Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,583,723 times
Staying on topic about Atlantic City Electric. First, they put you hold for an hour before you talk to anyone. Second, I recently inherited a condo in AC and needed to change the account to my name. I had to speak to four different people in order to get this done. It took them over a month to do it. I gave them my home (Philly) address for billing, but never got a bill. I called (and again waited an hour) and was told the bill had been sent to the condo. I again gave them my Philly address and was told a duplicate bill would be sent to me that evening. That was two weeks ago. I called again and this time, I tried to pay by phone twice. The first person said that since I didn't have my account number (because I never got a bill) I couldn't. I tried again and the second person said my name wasn't on the account, but it didn't matter, I could still pay by phone. I did. It is reflected on my checking account. I just hope it is also reflected in their records. The condo is in the process of being sold. So, hopefully I can put this company behind me.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM

That is bad. I used to have ACE, and I never had problems like that. I didn't have to hold for a long time and they made changes to my account in a timely fashion. They did once send an estimated bill--I don't remember why--for a ridiculous amount that was more than three times higher than my average monthly payment. The problem was quickly remedied. Quickly enough. I had to pay for two months of service by the time I received the corrected bill.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:55 AM

5,770 posts, read 16,573,374 times
Watching television is like fishing. It ain't real unless you catch it yourself . That means free too.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,583,723 times
I understand that AC Electric changed their billing system in January and have been having problems since then.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:32 AM

78 posts, read 104,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Admittedly not Fios, but Verizon Wireless sold an imaginary debt to a debt collection agency and filed a false negative on my credit report. Didn't find out until 6 months after I left them. It took from Nov-Feb for them to fix it and remove it. They're total scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey