U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM

117 posts, read 357,174 times
Default BOONTON HELP - Housing Project

I have another thread titled Boonton so please read and respond to that thread as well.

I am looking to buy a house in Boonton Town. We found a house we love, are ready to make an offer, and all of a sudden are reading that maybe its not that great of a town.

Does anyone know anything about the federal housing project in town? I know its near or off of Main St?

FYI - The house we are looking to buy is near Wootton and Wiliam St. if that helps.

Thank you all very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 02:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 6,000,791 times
It's right on the intersection of Main st and Plane st. If you are going down main street it's on your right at the end of all the stores. It's a little rough there but they are trying to clean up the area behind it that used to be iron works. There has been much fighting in town on approving or not approving a bid to change the zoning to allow condos to be built on the river back there. Some say it will make main street too busy and some say the area is a mess and it will help drive business to main street. It looks like it may be approved but I'm not 100%.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Townhomes on Main St Boonton

So that's where the new townhomes are going.

According to the municipal people I spoke with in Boonton, the townhomes were approved so I assume plans will be in the works.

So if these are going to be near this housing project and off of main street... I would assume that this would clean up the area and make it more attractive? Do you agree?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM

Wait - the newish townhomes are on William street on the other side of Wootton. Maybe they are building more there? They are trying to build high-rise condos (I think 6 high) off main st. I'm fairly certain that the condos haven't been approved yet because they are still arguing about changing the zoning from industrial to residential. Either way, I do think it will help clean up that area - although who would want to live next to the department of road work and behind the low income housing remains to be seen.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:21 PM

I may totally be wrong in my information. I didn't really know what I was asking about when I spoke to the people in Boonton at the municipal building so that may be me.

I know of the new townhomes on William St that you speak of. The house we are looking to buy is right near it. There are also some million dollar homes or very large homes up the street from that too. I thought that was a good thing for the house we are considering buying? Do you disagree?

Was the area of the townhomes on William St nice before they built those?

I'm not quite sure how to find out if that area is a lot of renters or not. I know its always better to buy a home in an area of homeowners rather than renters.

By the way, thank you so much for posting back and forth with me.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Are you talking about the million dollar houses down Cornelia street (the road one up from William)? Those houses are in Boonton Township. The boarder is a little strange but that is why they built them there because they were inside township lines.

I actually think that the area you are looking at is a fine area in the hills section. A know someone who lives on Cornelia and they like it fine although they send the kids to Catholic school. I think the closer you get to main st, the seedier it gets.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 PM

Thank you. Yes, I am talking about the new homes up William St past the townhomes. I knew it turned into a different road but I didn't know it turned into Boonton Township. Thanks for explaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey