Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,092 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I are moving to Cranbury NJ in a few months. I have been told that my 9th grader is going to be shipped to Princeton High School since Cranbury does not have a its own high school. I know Princeton is a top rated school bur does anyone know how the Cranbury kids are treated in Princeton? I'm concerned that my daughter will be treated as an outsider or ostracized. I know how clickish high schoolers can be and we are a little concerned. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
We moved to the area many years ago and looked at buying a home in Princeton for the school district. We chose not to extend our housing budget and looked into surrounding areas.

We loved Cranbury until we found out that our daughter would be bussed into Princeton for HS. Although it is just over 10 miles, the bus trip could take as long as 30-40 minutes with traffic (trying to cross Rte.1).

I also had the selfish thought that some of her friends would probably live in Princeton and saw myself doing a lot of after school/weekend trips into Princeton.

Never even worried about her being an outsider. Cranbury is a sought after town and the housing prices reflect that. But our daughter would have started school in kindergarten so hopefully would have established her social circle that would have expanded with the addition of the Princeton crowd. But that was just speculation.

Your daughter will be ok if she jumps in and joins clubs/sports etc whatever her interests are. She will also be traveling to and from school with all the other Cranbury kids. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey