Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:00 PM

4 posts, read 3,638 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Annikan! I will look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 07:48 PM

857 posts, read 834,647 times
Just let them stay home and do what ever they want. Kids are smart they will learn what they want. For diversity training try a field trip to Jackson heights. Drop them off with 5 bucks each and let them find there way home.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:50 PM

The biggest obstacle to this kind of school is the funding of the participation awards. I guess you could start a go fund me account.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 AM

565 posts, read 722,532 times
They won't need go fund me accounts. DeVos is on her way to making sure all of these private school parents at progressive schools now get additional government funds to help pay for their progressive education in the form of vouchers. Of course, the vouchers won't be enough to allow the plebs to go to these schools. It will be just enough to keep the poors out and line the pockets of the rich a little bit more. So now their 30k tuition bill per child will get an 8k discount. The poor parents still won't be able to come up with the 22k/child and the 1-3%ers will get some additional money for their vacations to Turks and Caicos.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:58 AM

The Turks and Caicos vacations are a very important part of this educational process. The kids get to learn diversity from the help at Beaches or the resort of their choosing and the participation trophies are plentiful. They also get eco training experience by swimming with captured dolphins. They can eat unlimited ice cream to add to the whole body educational experience.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 1,800 times
Im looking for the same thing too. I hate the idea of having my children sitting still in a chair all day, as well as other particularities of the "traditional school system". My husband has to go work on Florham Park, Im wiling to move to anyplace 45-60 mins. outside of this area. If you find a more progressive school I would deeply appreciate if you can share it with me.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamojica View Post
Im looking for the same thing too. I hate the idea of having my children sitting still in a chair all day, as well as other particularities of the "traditional school system". My husband has to go work on Florham Park, Im wiling to move to anyplace 45-60 mins. outside of this area. If you find a more progressive school I would deeply appreciate if you can share it with me.
It would be wonderful if you were able to educate your kids outside of the "traditional school system ". Maybe they can develop writing skills to rival your own.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 1,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
It would be wonderful if you were able to educate your kids outside of the "traditional school system ". Maybe they can develop writing skills to rival your own.
You should be very proud of yourself for criticizing a mother that is trying to give/find the best education for her children. Also, while I write this with my left hand while holding my 2 year old toddler (while i feed her in between sentences) my 4 year old toddler is attending the best school in Puerto Rico, and by best I mean at least 12-13 presidential award nominees yearly (out of of a class of no more than 40 students).

If you would prefer we can also have this conversation in Spanish or Italian. Im sorry to say that at this moment I won't be able to have it in french since im not completely fluent, I would be more than glad to accommodate this preference if you choose to in around 6 months from now.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:52 AM

You told me..
Sorry for being a jerk but this progressive thing just irks me.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:57 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Your kids will be fine "sitting in a chair all day" just like all the adults who were once kids before them.

NJ has excellent public schools if you can afford the nice towns, and even still does compared to most other states otherwise. There is no need to worry about schooling in NJ. Public schools should suffice. I rarely understand those who waste their money on private schooling in NJ when property taxes are so high, partially funding our superior public schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey