Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:18 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,902,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
That's the one I'm using! Yippee, maybe I'll get flowers! They've already called to ask me 2 questions, the girl was very nice.

My thoughts are the same as yours - my time is worth more than $10 (even if that time means I'm sitting on my a** watching TV or posting here, LOL) AND it'll make sticking to the list much easier and therefore spending less money. Unfortunately, I already forgot a few items to order, things that I don't normally write down but know I pick up anyway, KWIM? Oh well, it'll take me a few times to get it down pat.
It will be the best $10 you ever spent. If you're going to shop online you may as well get it delivered too. You should be able to find a free coupon for your first time. I've done it a few times and it was great...the biggest issue for me was making sure stuff that was on sale actually rang up on sale and that all my coupons were entered correctly. It's easy to check when you are standing there but hard to figure out by just looking at the receipt. They are pretty good about calling but they reserve the right to substitute stuff when what you want is out of stock. Once I ordered 1 Chocolate Quik and 1 Strawberry Quik and they sent 2 Chocolate Quiks becuase the Strawberry was out of stock. Annoying but not the end of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 12:35 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,772,577 times
My SR delivery is only $5.95. I know many people who love the service. I'm with Bill on ther perishables like meat, produce, etc...I guess I'm just too picky!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 PM

12 posts, read 55,202 times
Shopping online for groceries may also be a great exercise to plan before we go shopping. Speaking for myself, I can never get a list together. Keeping everything in my head I usually forget what I really needed when I get to the market. Usually I end up buying more than what I wanted to and forgetting a few important items here and there! Online may not replace going out shopping but it is a great exercise for those that never make a grocery list.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:44 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,894,389 times
Default Oh no

Is this too good to be true? My ears have totally perked up Tahiti !!!!

My Shoprite in Hamilton is pretty nice but HEY NOW ....let's take this into consideration?????!!!!....Hmmmm It's sounding pretty good !!!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Is this too good to be true? My ears have totally perked up Tahiti !!!!

My Shoprite in Hamilton is pretty nice but HEY NOW ....let's take this into consideration?????!!!!....Hmmmm It's sounding pretty good !!!
I have a new boyfriend - his name is Scrunchy the Bear. :::swoon:::

NHH - I LOVE it! Got there at my designated time (you can choose any 1/2 interval as long as it's 4+ hours from when you place your order), pulled up, the guy came right up to my car, I gave him my coupons and credit card (I checked and all prices were good), and he came right back out with my receipt and groceries. He loaded them into the car, and off I went!

And I got my bouquet!

As far as perishibles, I get my chicken, hamburger meat from Sam's so I don't really get that much from SR. I got bananas, green peppers, tomatoes and baby back ribs this time and she did a great job picking stuff out.

Give it a try!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 06:15 PM

146 posts, read 504,795 times
I've been using Shoprite at Home for about a year, which I discovered after I had surgery -I absolutely love this service. I prefer it over going to the supermarket where I can be tempted to purchase all those other things that I really don't need. I'm surprised there aren't more supermarkets that offer this service, although I think this service is catching on.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM

531 posts, read 2,144,501 times
Seeing how this thread is when I even found out the service exists, no I haven't tried it yet. But I will! Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM

22 posts, read 114,809 times
I use the Shoprite in clark for shop at home both pick up and home delivery. Home delivery was a life saver especially when I had infant twins at home during the winter or rainy times

COUPONS - when you get it delivered, you give the coupons to the driver. they will give you the discounts on your next order. PU you can just give it to them as its rung up but not finalized

Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,894,389 times
Unhappy Why not?

Well, I'm let down. I was all excited to shop on line since I'm home sick with yet another cold & ear infection (thanks kids)

My Hamilton ShopRite does not offer this service. The closest store that does Shop on line is in Spotswood (much too far for me)

Oh well.....I sent them my feedback & hope to hear from them soon.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM

180 posts, read 602,001 times
love it!

In addition they have recently expanded the number of participating stores so check the website
http://www.mywebgrocer.com/store/shoprite.html

The cost is 10 for pick up and 17 for delivery.

Choose no substitutions and leave your phone number if you want to make sure everything is as ordered

Last edited by felixtibs; 08-12-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey