Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 20,144 times

Advertisements

I posted earlier about moving to a town close to Princeton and someone suggested looking at Monmouth Junction; which has some affordable houses. It seems ideal. However, after reading a couple posts in the New Jersey forum I'm a little skeptical about what I may be getting myself into. Could someone please give me the lowdown on this part of New Jersey in terms of culture, safety, schools, shopping, dining, proximity to trains etc. I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 PM

17 posts, read 80,872 times
I don't think you should be worried one bit about crime. All of Monmouth Junction (A part of South Brunswick) is perfectly safe. The schools are decent, not at the level of Princeton, but still very good. They do have a relevantly new high school. There's not tons of shopping/dining in town, but they just built a big plaza on Route 1 with Target, Best Buy, Staples, Petsmart, etc....The town is also very diverse, and depending on which part of the township you're in, you would probably use either the Princeton Junction or Jersey Avenue stations for the train.

Hope this helped.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM

7 posts, read 20,144 times
Thanks so much for taking time to respond, I can't seem to find much about the area. Chris.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:42 PM

22 posts, read 114,961 times
we had friends there. its a nice, quiet area. not much going on. decent enough school. large influx of indian/pakistani in the area in the past few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey