Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:31 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,921,623 times

Advertisements

This is unnecessary because his No Reservation already did an episode in NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7GA08qSm28

He is from my neck of the woods. It always make me so proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 12:06 AM

32,914 posts, read 36,310,068 times
It is necessary. Many people think most of New Jersey is no better than an open sewer.

Point to anyone who can name the place where the guitar player was filmed.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:16 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,518,461 times
I watched the first 2/3. Disappointing. Who visits NJ in the middle of the winter. I think he could have made a better show. Case in point, the kids in Camden all dressed up in winter coats practicing their street routine. And visiting shore restaurants when they are practically empty.

Yes, NJ has its issues and I understand that. But show things the way they are. Disappointed in Tony, maybe all the gloom he sees in the world is much like his interpretation of NJ.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It is necessary. Many people think most of New Jersey is no better than an open sewer.
This. When you said half the people in NJ just want people to like them, I interpreted it not as personal but as a whole - we want people to like the state and see it for what it really is and stop with all the negative snide BS they spew based on the media or the drive from the airport to the Holland Tunnel. We may have thick skin here but it does get to me, for one. It's tiring having to defend where you live and constantly read and hear rude and cruel jibes, especially online. Some people really are just so frustratingly clueless. I mean, if the state was that bad, would it really be so populated that it's the densest? Would it have such a high level of wealth and educational attainment? Unfortunately people are just uneducated and don't know what they're talking about. It's easier to be mean, thinking you're funny, than actually do research as simple as a Google image search.

Then there's the things people say about New Jerseyans, and Northeasterners in general...

Old 06-01-2015, 11:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Parts Unknown?

The places he travels, or the food he eats?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Parts Unknown?

The places he travels, or the food he eats?
Make a statement or go away.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This. When you said half the people in NJ just want people to like them, I interpreted it not as personal but as a whole - we want people to like the state and see it for what it really is and stop with all the negative snide BS they spew based on the media or the drive from the airport to the Holland Tunnel. We may have thick skin here but it does get to me, for one. It's tiring having to defend where you live and constantly read and hear rude and cruel jibes, especially online. Some people really are just so frustratingly clueless. I mean, if the state was that bad, would it really be so populated that it's the densest? Would it have such a high level of wealth and educational attainment? Unfortunately people are just uneducated and don't know what they're talking about. It's easier to be mean, thinking you're funny, than actually do research as simple as a Google image search.

Then there's the things people say about New Jerseyans, and Northeasterners in general...
I love New Jersey! I love the beaches, the Pine Barrens, the Water Gap, the small towns, the pizza and the grit. You have to live there for a while to really "get" all that it has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey