Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 12:25 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcip View Post
Anyone know anymore about this? It's really creepy

Courthouse News Service
From the link above, "The Watcher said "it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls," the complaint states." Why not find out all the past owners who lived in the house over past 70+ years and track the families down one-by-one to find The Watcher? Shouldn't be a huge task.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
From the link above, "The Watcher said "it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls," the complaint states." Why not find out all the past owners who lived in the house over past 70+ years and track the families down one-by-one to find The Watcher? Shouldn't be a huge task.
The writer might be... lying?

I mean, it's a good start, tracking down those people, but it's not going to be the endgame by far. It could have been some neighbor kid that liked the place and his friend moved away and they always considered it theirs. Crazy people are... well, not always saying or writing the sanest things.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:42 PM

747 posts, read 847,951 times
List house was rebuilt and John List was caught on Americas Most Wanted. His girlfriend had no idea....I remember this growing up in the area and watching it that night on TV

Old 06-23-2015, 07:00 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times
Reminds me of another story from earlier this year in California:

(warning: there's an autoplay video in the link below, so turn your volume down or off)
San Diego Couple Still Scared After Disgruntled Home Bidder's Year of Harassment - ABC News

New owners move into dream house and start getting harassed and stalked. Turns out the culprit was an outbid buyer with sour grapes.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:08 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Wild, I saw the story about List. Very strange but no crime by the watcher to justify spending investigative resources to ID him? The seller should have disclosed the letters and the List ownership and murders if in deed this,is the house or loot.,but a big time RE layer is needed not the dui and real estate on the side one.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
But did someone rebuild on that lot I wonder
No, the List house is on a different street. The List house is not currently for sale, but I was just looking it up on Zillow and they do disclose the List murders. [url=http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/431-Hillside-Ave-Westfield-NJ-07090/40085127_zpid]431 Hillside Ave, Westfield, NJ 07090 is Off Market | Zillow[/url]

Old 06-24-2015, 07:10 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
The writer might be... lying?

I mean, it's a good start, tracking down those people, but it's not going to be the endgame by far. It could have been some neighbor kid that liked the place and his friend moved away and they always considered it theirs. Crazy people are... well, not always saying or writing the sanest things.
My gut feeling on this situation is that the "Watcher" is likely someone who really wanted to purchase the home but could not for some reason. (they got outbid in one of the frequent bidding wars, or their mortgage fell through, etc) And now is turning their anger towards the people who did purchase it, in an effort to make them so uncomfortable that they would not move in, and would be selling it quickly, possibly at a loss, so that "the Watcher" could ultimately end up with the home. Mind you, I am not an expert in law enforcement, nor a psychiatrist, it's just my gut feelings.

KoalaNJ

Old 06-25-2015, 08:06 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
If the previous owners lived in the home for years, then I'm willing to bet they did not receive these creepy letters as they probably would have been scared out of the house like these people. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that perhaps this is not a hoax like some around the internet (can't believe this made international news) are suggesting but is actually a new incident that the previous owners did not experience. As others have speculated, possibly a disgruntled bidder who lost when the house was for sale.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 AM

239 posts, read 379,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If the previous owners lived in the home for years, then I'm willing to bet they did not receive these creepy letters as they probably would have been scared out of the house like these people. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that perhaps this is not a hoax like some around the internet (can't believe this made international news) are suggesting but is actually a new incident that the previous owners did not experience. As others have speculated, possibly a disgruntled bidder who lost when the house was for sale.
According to Zillow the previous owners lived there from 1990 to 2014. The complaint alleges that the previous owners received a letter from the Watcher a few days before closing. If that was the first letter that they received, the theory of the Watcher being someone who was outbid on the house seems the most likely.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:21 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,774,139 times
yea, it sounds like a case of sour grapes on someone's part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey