U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 12,364 times

Advertisements

I am living in Georgia now and I want to relocate to New Jersey. i was thinking about Maple Garden. Is it nice? I remember it being in a very bad area. I am from NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 07:33 PM

64 posts, read 61,254 times
You should check out wonderful brand new Maple Grove at Piscataway ...

Old 01-24-2008, 11:03 AM

39 posts, read 208,688 times
You mean Maple Gardens in Irvington? It's not the best area . I used to live in Irvington. I have not been back in a few years but I hear it is getting worse. Maple Gardens is a so called gated community but they tend to let any and everybody thruoght that gate last I knew. The apartments themselves were decent though.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:51 PM

15 posts, read 69,959 times
Not a safe area. The building is supposed to be secure but it is a joke. Its near Springfield ave and Grove. Down the street is Clinton.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 PM

64 posts, read 272,983 times
stay away! I saw an apt there years ago and it wasnt nice. the areas leaves ALOT to be deisred. not safe not nice -- not for you!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM

88 posts, read 457,188 times
I thought it was in Newark too. They look fine, but c'mon. How nice could they be? I don't think they are that bad either. Although, a few blocks away in Newark WOW, that area is rough!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 15,448 times
Default Maple Gardens in Irvington NJ is Very Nice!

I'm the Security Director for Maple Gardens in Irvington and I must tell you this is one of the safest properties in NJ. We are crime free and very secure. We have 24/7 security, electronic access control, DVR Surveillance, etc., which rivals that of buildings in Manhattan, NYC. We are top notch!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM

1,536 posts, read 3,883,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Director Adams View Post
I'm the Security Director for Maple Gardens in Irvington and I must tell you this is one of the safest properties in NJ. We are crime free and very secure. We have 24/7 security, electronic access control, DVR Surveillance, etc., which rivals that of buildings in Manhattan, NYC. We are top notch!
That may be true, but once you step off the property ...

Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 AM

4 posts, read 17,286 times
stay away!!!!!!!!!! as a current renter the apartments themselves are decent the security SUCKS they are rude and arrogant and most should apply to be police officers because that is what they think they are. there are mice in the apartments like crazy I have complained continuously and the maintinence staff does NOTHING when you call except tell you they will call there supervisor to get someone to come in and block up the holes which never happens!!! i hate living here, My husband lived here first and when we married we signed a lease together which will end next Feb next year which could not come sooner if it came tommorrow. The rental office was sweet as sugar when we first signed the lease since then if you need to call them for any reason they are borderline rude and very unhelpful, the security in my opinion is the absolute worse most of them have no personality whatsoever, and are very rude and treat your guest as if they stole something, you will see people stroll in and out of the apartment entrance without pass keys but if you as a resident leave your key by mistake they basically give you the third degree, i am paying $1200.00 per month to live with mice trust me enyone even thinking of moving here you could do wayyyyyyyyyy better moving somewhere anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 AM

587 posts, read 1,820,347 times
It would be very difficult to gage not knowing what your current situation. You may be coming out of a much worse town than Irvington and you may like Irvington. But fact is Irvington is continually at the bottom 10 in NJ when it comes to their school system. Last year they were ranked the lowest in the state. Another fact Maple Gardens is low income housing so take that into consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey