Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 03:44 PM

21 posts, read 23,157 times

Advertisements

oh gosh, I def should have worded this better. It def. does not have to be a sublet only. Could be that, short term rental, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 04:41 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmchgrl View Post
oh gosh, I def should have worded this better. It def. does not have to be a sublet only. Could be that, short term rental, etc.
You might want to inquire with some of these rentals that are available, Apartments & Condos for Rent Listings - NJ.com

I find that the listing on NJ.com real estate site to be very helpful, and better than Craig's List. Just be sure to specify home and apt rentals, and not just limit it to apt communities. You can also check out these sites,

Monmouth County furnished apartments, sublets, short term rentals, corporate housing and rooms.

Property for Rent in Red Bank, NJ | Apartments for Rent on Oodle Marketplace

Property for Rent in Red Bank, NJ | Apartments for Rent on Oodle Marketplace

Apartments for Rent in Red Bank, NJ - 13 Rentals - HotPads

as well as Red Bank, NJ Apartments for Rent - 27 Rentals | Trulia

KoalaNJ

Old 07-12-2015, 05:51 PM

Sweet! Thank you so much! I posted over in the NJ Reddit board too so I'm hoping between here and there I'll get a lead.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:14 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,469 times
How about Ocean Grove. Close to AP for bars and restaurants

Old 07-12-2015, 09:33 PM

@tom1944, sure I can look there too. I forgot about OG!

Old 07-13-2015, 09:04 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
How about Ocean Grove. Close to AP for bars and restaurants

Unless you are 50 or above I would stay out of OG .

Old 07-13-2015, 01:15 PM

Thanks, G1. haha, that's pretty much how I remember it too but beggars must not be choosers I suppose. And Doesn't hurt to look though since it is so close. It's actually my mother's favorite despite living in Monmouth Beach now (???).

I have tried ALL the links KoalaNJ sent and so far no hits yet. It's the combination of short term/month to month PLUS owning pets that's pretty much narrowing the field down to nothing. I'm still searching!

Old 07-13-2015, 03:28 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Thanks, G1. haha, that's pretty much how I remember it too but beggars must not be choosers I suppose. And Doesn't hurt to look though since it is so close. It's actually my mother's favorite despite living in Monmouth Beach now wIth have tried ALL the links KoalaNJ sent and so far no hits yet. It's the combination of short term/month to month PLUS owning pets that's pretty much narrowing the field down to nothing. I'm still searching!
Don't forget about posting your own Craig's list ad. People who rent out for the summers might be open to some rental income in the offseason, too. They may want you out by next summer, though. That's why my old landlord had a place. His brother-in-law wanted the apartment July 1, for the summer. Too bad he died, he would have rented to you.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:00 PM

@MightyQueen801 - I have had a post on Craigslist a few days now. I just went in and edited even further. I just wonder if people don't think it sounds super sketchy and that's why no one responds? Ugh.

I have still not had any luck finding anything. I was trying my best to not go through a complex but that is likely what will end up happening. I hate it b/c while a few are pet friendly by the time they break it down to the 2month leases, the rent increases about double. After adding on pet fees, rent and then me renting furniture, I could probably find something better in portions of NYC.

So frustrating. I have looked at literally every rental website imaginable. Every apartment one. Trulia, Zillow, Rent.com, etc. I've looked on the the online local papers, etc. I might just end up renting at one of the Extended Stays which is fully furnished b/c I think one draw back is people don't want to deal with me since I'm from out of state.

Sigh.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:37 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
@MightyQueen801 - I have had a post on Craigslist a few days now. I just went in and edited even further. I just wonder if people don't think it sounds super sketchy and that's why no one responds? Ugh.

I have still not had any luck finding anything. I was trying my best to not go through a complex but that is likely what will end up happening. I hate it b/c while a few are pet friendly by the time they break it down to the 2month leases, the rent increases about double. After adding on pet fees, rent and then me renting furniture, I could probably find something better in portions of NYC.

So frustrating. I have looked at literally every rental website imaginable. Every apartment one. Trulia, Zillow, Rent.com, etc. I've looked on the the online local papers, etc. I might just end up renting at one of the Extended Stays which is fully furnished b/c I think one draw back is people don't want to deal with me since I'm from out of state.

Sigh.
How long of a rental are you looking for?

Don't rent furniture. You can get cheap furniture at garage sales, church bazaars, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey