Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 06:54 AM

625 posts, read 796,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatheadMom View Post
Alright. I'll tell my husband.. Like more south Mt prospec?. I did a street.view of the surrounding streets and it looked okay until I got to prospect.. Didn't like what I saw on that street.
He knows what to look for as far as tagging on signs go and stores and appearance of the neighborhood. I'm not a small town girl but, I'm not from a major city but, more of a European community. Are there any areas like that around there?
I know some mentioned Portuguese and Brazilian
I just sent you a message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 07:25 AM

15 posts, read 9,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
I just sent you a message
Thanks

Old 07-21-2015, 07:33 AM

23,537 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
That's what we are looking for. More like a duplex because we have a friend who wants to move as well. So, we get the bigger half and they can have the smaller half of the house. Rent to own is our best shot. I just hope this unit they're going to see, is in a decent area. I'm actually on my way to the weight room, afterwards I'll post the map of the location. Its pretty north Newark. And right in between the other two locations I mentioned.
You intend to take on a renter in that region!!???

Best to look at threads on the nightmare of renters who won't leave. Legal ramifications of who you choose not to rent your apartment.

Assume your friend will never move?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:46 AM

He might move. He's in on owning properties with us and renting.
And that's stupid. If it's my property, I'd like a say in who lives there not the gov't.
So, best bet is to not even bother with this area, eh?
Its unfortunate to see a city like Newark not be able to clean it's self up.
Why such a bad rep?

Last edited by MeatheadMom; 07-21-2015 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-21-2015, 10:12 AM

625 posts, read 796,967 times
Quote:
He might move. He's in on owning properties with us and renting.
And that's stupid. If it's my property, I'd like a say in who lives there not the gov't.
So, best bet is to not even bother with this area, eh?
Its unfortunate to see a city like Newark not be able to clean it's self up.
Why such a bad rep?
There are good areas and bad. If you are looking for a reasonably good area with close transportation, like I said already, check the Ironbound section of Newark (07105 zip code)

Old 07-21-2015, 10:58 AM

Will do. I got your pm but, I'm only allowed to send 2 apparently

Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,224,507 times
Not all condos have dog breed restrictions, and those that do don't all have the same breed restrictions. I own a condo that only limits the number of pets; no mention of breed. Pit bulls are very common in this area, and you may not find the same knee-jerk opposition to pits that you do in other states.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:50 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,183,965 times
I don't think she has to apologize for any racism, perceived or not, if it involves shootings!

Old 07-22-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Not all condos have dog breed restrictions, and those that do don't all have the same breed restrictions. I own a condo that only limits the number of pets; no mention of breed. Pit bulls are very common in this area, and you may not find the same knee-jerk opposition to pits that you do in other states.
Thanks. Most of the people I contacted did in fact have the pit bull and rotty restriction. I will continue to hunt though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey