Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 2,155 times

Advertisements

I am planning to travel to Weehawken for a one month short business trip can any one suggest the place where I can stay. My work location will ne
Lincoln harbour. Need ur suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 05:07 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,449,767 times
'
Quote:
Originally Posted by molletica View Post
I am planning to travel to Weehawken for a one month short business trip can any one suggest the place where I can stay. My work location will ne
Lincoln harbour. Need ur suggestions.
I think your best bet is to stay at one of the extended stay hotels in the Secaucus area, and take the light rail right to Lincoln Harbour in Weehawken. (there is a light train stop right in Lincoln Harbor)There are many long term hotels in Secaucus such as Residence Inn, Extended Stay America, etc. a quick google will get you the names. There are also a few long term hotels in Rutherford, and surrounding places, so google "long term stay hotels near the Meadowlands Stadium, NJ" Most of these extended stay places have a van that will take you to the Secaucus Junction Station where you can take the Light Rail. Cost of light rail is $64 for a monthly pass.

KoalaNJ

Old 07-28-2015, 05:15 PM

5,770 posts, read 16,565,646 times
Depends on a few things. For instance is your company paying the tab to stay anywhere or are you?
For instance I see there is a Sheraton right there but I also see its like $250 a day.

There is a light rail there that travels the coast to other places and also depends if you are bringing wheels with you or not.

Probably a few longer stay hotel type places slightly west around the Meadowlands area like Rutherford East Rutherford Secaucus.

You could stay further west and takes buses trains subway etc over. Depends how long you want to travel to commute each day. Are you at all familiar with the area?

Old 07-28-2015, 07:45 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,182,808 times
It's actually not easy to get from East Rutherford to Lincoln Harbor by public transit. It would be a hotel van or taxi, a train, then light rail.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,609,249 times
Secaucus Junction is not connected to the light rail. Staying around there will require a connecting train to Hoboken terminal or bus to the closest light rail station.

As mentioned there is a Sheraton at Lincoln Harbor. Along the light rail there are a couple other hotels but nothing super cheap. The least expensive hotels in the immediate area are along Tonnelle Ave (route 1). These hotels however will require a car unless the hotel has a van that will transport you to a light rail or bus station everyday.

You can try further along the light rail route in Jersey City or Newport. Candlewood Suites, Courtyard Marriott, and a Doubletree are all down this way. Don't chance the light rail and forgo paying. The light rail may be an honor system but NJ Transit does spot check and Lincoln Harbor is a favorite morning checkpoint because there is only one exit & entry from the platform.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,449,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Secaucus Junction is not connected to the light rail. Staying around there will require a connecting train to Hoboken terminal or bus to the closest light rail station.

As mentioned there is a Sheraton at Lincoln Harbor. Along the light rail there are a couple other hotels but nothing super cheap. The least expensive hotels in the immediate area are along Tonnelle Ave (route 1). These hotels however will require a car unless the hotel has a van that will transport you to a light rail or bus station everyday.

You can try further along the light rail route in Jersey City or Newport. Candlewood Suites, Courtyard Marriott, and a Doubletree are all down this way. Don't chance the light rail and forgo paying. The light rail may be an honor system but NJ Transit does spot check and Lincoln Harbor is a favorite morning checkpoint because there is only one exit & entry from the platform.

Thank you for the clarification, as when I used the trip planner on NJ Transit's site it told me the light rail did have a stop at Secaucus Junction. So The OP would have to take a train from Secaucus to Hoboken, and then transfer to the LightRail for the short trip to Lincoln Harbor. Since you have to take the train to Hoboken, you do not have to buy the monthly pass for the light rail, you just have to purchase a monthly pass from NJ transit for the train from Secausus to Hoboken which costs $75. Light Rail will accept your train ticket as payment.

Also All of the extended stay hotels provide van shuttles to the local train stations, so it does not matter if one stays at a place in Secaucus or Rutherford, or even Lyndhurst.

KoalaNJ

Old 07-28-2015, 08:49 PM

7,054 posts, read 19,284,243 times
You could try finding a furnished apartment on furnishedquarters.com or a similar site. They have furnished studios in Hoboken, Jersey City, or Manhattan. They're a bit pricey (approx 4000/month) but you'd have a nice apartment in a doorman building. Hope the company is paying.

You might be able to find something not quite as nice for less money on Craigslist but always beware of scams.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,155 times
Thank u for the quick guidance. Company will pay me 700USD for accommodation.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:35 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,182,808 times
Total? Tell the company to go jump in a lake.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 AM

88,437 posts, read 84,550,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Total? Tell the company to go jump in a lake.
Really. Pretty cheesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey