Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:14 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leps12 View Post
wow, there is so much idiocy coming from dpolo, it honestly blows my mind. I don't know if i'll call you racist or not (you did vote for obama), but you most definitely are a fool (you did vote for obama simply because he is black and not because you agreed with his politics).

If i didn't know better, i would say you are trolling, based on how you talk about things like intelligence and are doing so with spelling and grammatical mistakes galore.

This is a good summary. I think everyone makes certain judgments, no matter how "open-minded" they claim to be. It is human nature. Hell, i will even go on to admit that i think certain races are better at certain things than other races happen to be. Why do africans always win the marathons and long-distance races in track and field? Is it possible that africans are built in a superior way to perform these tasks? The evidence seems overwhelming. I could say the same about, say, eastern europeans and scandinavians and powerlifting/strongman competitions. I am making some generalizations here, but you know what? That's not so bad. I have no problem saying that i will, with no other information at my disposal, pick the tall black guy to play on my basketball team or the asian guy to be on my mathletes team.

Is it nature or nurture? It is probably a mix of both. It would be asinine to suggest it is completely one or the other, but i will contend that certain races may be superior at certain things. This is not racism, in my opinion. What is racism is suggesting that an entire race is superior or inferior as people and is more worthy or less worthy to be treated as humans with full rights and respect. If you do this, you are racist, which pretty much falls in line with docendo's explanation.

This too also seems obvious enough. Dpolo, it is not about citizenship: It is about heritage.

You can call a white person who celebrates their heritage by whatever their heritage is. White is not a heritage. As already stated, examples are abound like italian-american, irish-american, etc. How about anglo-american, polish-american, german-american, and yes, russian-american. To answer your question, i have met quite a few. Hell, i am one myself. If they have ancestry in russia, they are russian-american...duh. That's all that it means. There is nothing more to it. They don't even necessarily have to keep russian traditions alive or celebrate their heritage in the u.s. They don't have to have been born in "the old country." they can be fully assimilated, and the tag would still apply.

Btw, chris christie can be called an italian-american. But he can also be called a german-american, scottish-american, and irish-american. And please, for god's sake, learn how to spell.
Никогда не слышал фразу Русский-Американец. Англо-Русс. Руссориканетс...

Английский не мой первый язык, поэтому я делаю больше ошибок когда пишу чем когда считаю

За последние 20 лет я был в Москве 2 недели а в Риме 8 мецетсев, может я италиано-марекантз ?

Old 09-22-2015, 03:17 PM

It's about culture in which you were raised. Are you culturally Italian, Russian or American ?

If Christie can be called Italian or not was not a question for a Russian, it's a question for an Italian.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:25 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Statistical data suggests that differences between me and black people are not just skin pixelation. If an average black guy was white, what derogatory name I would call him?

As a landlord I am looking for a tenant who is not a problem tenant and will pay rent on-time. Given the geographic area and demographics I will have standards for screening tenants. I might even have different standards for different races.

A friend of mine does not rent out to whites in the area where his investment property is. It is really a business decision.
OMG. Now I understand what you were hinting at in your OP:

Quote:
Flowing recent racial relations activity and discussions even on CityData I started to look for facts for blacks as a demographics. I looked at data for US and Africa. I looked at historic facts as well. I looked at Supreme Court ruling of 1830th that pretty much stated that blacks are not human. I have also considered the fact that in early 1900th to be able to vote you had to pass a basic literacy test. That practice was later banned for being racist.

I am qualified to interpret factual data via education, training and profession. If I articulate what this data spell's out I would be considered a racist by modern scosiety standards.
Ok, first of all, please review TDStyle's post about cherry picking data.

Also, when looking at data, please CONSIDER THE SOURCE. For example, CityData thread discussions are not a good source for race statistics and 'facts for blacks'. In the past few days perusing threads on the NJ forum, as well as the Current Events and Politics forums, I have seen people nonchalantly toss out the term "nig nog", post that all blacks are going to prison, and that blacks inherently have lower IQs. Obviously, there are a lot of bigots on this forum, posting bigoted opinions. Opinions are not facts or data.

Also, not a good source? A Supreme Court ruling from 1830 decreeing that blacks are not human. Historical context is key. There was a lot of backward thinking in 1830. But it is now 2015...we are more enlightened. Also from the 1800s? Phrenology. Are you gonna use that as source material too?

As for an early 1900s law requiring a literacy test to be able to vote...yeah, that's called institutionalized racism. It was a calculated effort to make it difficult or impossible for blacks to vote. Before blacks got the right to vote in 1870, it was ILLEGAL for them to learn how to read and write. By 1865, when slavery ended, only a very small percentage were literate. By law, blacks were not allowed to read for centuries in this country. If you then create a law stating that you have to know how to read in order to vote, what conclusion should you draw?

Lastly, as for your being a landlord...FYI, housing discrimination based on race is against the law. Federal law. Is it racist to refuse to rent to a black person? NO. Not when they have bad credit and their background check comes back dirty. But it IS racist to refuse to rent to a black person based on your mysterious 'demographic data', CityData discussion threads, Supreme Court rulings from 1830, and your perceptions about their mental capacity/IQ.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:28 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
You definitely have some issues buddy.

Racism means looking at or treating an entire group of people differently (positively or negatively) based solely on their race, regardless of the underlying reason you choose to do so.

Based on the posts here in this thread, I would certainly label you as a racist.

I'm an overweight Latino with a beard and tattoos. I wear baggy jeans, oversize T-shirts, and boots every day. I ride a very loud motorcycle as my primary mode of transportation and you (especially) would never in a million years guess that I am a member of Mensa with an IQ in the 99th percentile, identify as republican, have a near perfect credit score, and clear 6 figures a year.

No, I am not a unicorn. You are just too racist to see it.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
I don't know, at least there is some rational reason you can be called an Italian American.
Other than being Irish ,what would that reason be ?

Old 09-22-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
You definitely have some issues buddy.

Racism means looking at or treating an entire group of people differently (positively or negatively) based solely on their race, regardless of the underlying reason you choose to do so.

Based on the posts here in this thread, I would certainly label you as a racist.

I'm an overweight Latino with a beard and tattoos. I wear baggy jeans, oversize T-shirts, and boots every day. I ride a very loud motorcycle as my primary mode of transportation and you (especially) would never in a million years guess that I am a member of Mensa with an IQ in the 99th percentile, identify as republican, have a near perfect credit score, and clear 6 figures a year.

No, I am not a unicorn. You are just too racist to see it.
I am confused, how it is that with 99th percentile you can not see it?

I have not figured out what the average IQ for a Latino is, the charts I am looking at using the term Hispanics I am not sure if it's the same thing.

The average IQ for group A is 112 The average IQ for group B is 80.
IQ test measures ability to solve problems.

Based on Darwinism, humans are the most evolved creatures on earth since humans have the ability to Problem Solve and have opposable thumbs to use and create tools.

Based on religion and creation we have to say if G-d keeps a people there must be a reason and we should respect that.

In other words the higher your IQ the more evolved you are. So yes, it does spell out racism, and I am not sure how a group so different (group B) can be really treated equally to group A?

This is exactly what I was saying this is confusing as heck, since it spells out racism.

I mean the Title of this thread reads: Racism, now I am really confused !
Tell me something are you really in the 99th percentile, were you in a rush to call me a racist so you missed this?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:21 PM

It looks like wiki is saying:
Spoiler
Russian Americans are primarily Americans who trace their ancestry to Russia.

so you are saying it's about the genotype and phenotype, you are an Italian American because you have that genotype.

It has nothing to do with nurture, it's pure nature.

I see... now I see how my comments can seem offensive.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:39 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
I am trying to figure out if I am a racist or not.

I elected Obama twice, both times for his skin color. I wanted Obama's face to inspire future generations as well people around the world.

Flowing recent racial relations activity and discussions even on CityData I started to look for facts for blacks as a demographics. I looked at data for US and Africa. I looked at historic facts as well. I looked at Supreme Court ruling of 1830th that pretty much stated that blacks are not human. I have also considered the fact that in early 1900th to be able to vote you had to pass a basic literacy test. That practice was later banned for being racist.

I am qualified to interpret factual data via education, training and profession. If I articulate what this data spell's out I would be considered a racist by modern scosiety standards.

how do you define racism ?
Racism is th least of your problems if you voted for obama twice.

Social justice rules say, perception is reality. So if you think you might be racist, you are. these are the zero tolerance standards obama supporters have declared.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Racism is th least of your problems if you voted for obama twice.

Social justice rules say, perception is reality. So if you think you might be racist, you are. these are the zero tolerance standards obama supporters have declared.

Go vote for Christie !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: