U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM

1,455 posts, read 175,488 times

Advertisements

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Hasbrouck Heights, NJ? I have friends who will be visiting and wanted to go to NY but didn't want to stay there and are staying in Hasbrouck Heights instead. Since I've never visited there, I was wondering could anyone suggest things to do in the area? I know the Meadowlands is not too far plus the Medevil times show (which I would love to go too but it's like $55 a ticket and I'm not too sure if they'd go for that) The couple are in there early 50's and they are traveling with a 21 yr. old. Besides NY, whats near by as a nice day trip? (Besides NY) How about a nice restaurant in Hasbrouck Heights?

Any info would be great
Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM

859 posts, read 3,017,647 times
Are they shoppers?? Riverside Square Mall is right in Hackensack has nice shops and a few good places to eat Morton's and a few others...I think Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's.

Right in Habsrouck Heights there is Mt. Fuji where they cook all the hiabachi in front of you, idk where they are from, but if they don't have one near them I could see that being fun.

Idk how far outside the area you wanna send them, but if they want to have a nice dinner you could send them to the Charthouse or another place in Hoboken or Weehawken. There is that great Manhattan view there, that would be exicting if you're not from NJ or NY.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,447,852 times
Does the USS Ling still do tours? That is in Hackensack. I wonder similarly if Teterboro Airport still did tours. I would mention Steve's Sizzling Steaks, but I've read mixed reviews on that. How about Park & Orchard in Rutherford for a dining establishment? Arthur's Landing is 17 South to 3 East, ask for directions, the place is exquisite and served wonderful food. Both the latter establishments have websites. Paramus has many indoor malls, and is a town recognized as a mall capital. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 PM

1,455 posts, read 175,488 times
I appreciate your replies guys. At least now I have some direction to go.

Thank you

Old 07-06-2008, 08:18 AM

27 posts, read 135,057 times
Bowling inWallington, Pizza at lovey's gourmet food at Village Gourmet in Rutherford, nothing else to do around here.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,387,287 times
play ball on Route 17, no just kidding!!! Well take them to Garden State Plaza , the huge Mall. Go to the Palasade cliffs and walk along hudson. GO to Piermont and Nyack NY, walk the towns. Some pretty good places to eat near and around H Heights, all different ranges, Stoney Hill Inn, Brooklyn Coal Burning Pizza, maybe the Sea Shack have not been there in awhile. Take them to the horse racing a few races at the Meadowlands.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 PM

272 posts, read 1,034,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGirtBeachBum View Post
Bowling inWallington, Pizza at lovey's gourmet food at Village Gourmet in Rutherford, nothing else to do around here.
Lovey's pizza sucks. T&J's on Kipp Ave in Lodi is the place to go for great pizza around here.

There nothing to do in Hasbrouck Heights. You'll need to look elsewhere for activities. Head up Rt. 17 North towards Paramus for the better eateries, malls, etc. The Meadowlands Fair is going on right now if they're into that. That's nearby Giants Stadium.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:59 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,387,287 times
how about going to the vanderbuilt mansion or rockafellars or roosevelts up the hudson not too far, how about the MET in NYC a great museum, or the cloisters right over the GWB pretty much!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:04 PM

101 posts, read 397,554 times
Bananas Comedy Club right on Rt. 17 South. I only go there to visit parents now.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 PM

217 posts, read 1,005,380 times
I dont know much about hasbrouk heights, i live real close to it tho. I always since i was a lil thing went to Mt. Fuji japanese steak house.. its really good! Hasbrouck Heights its a good city tho because its surrounded by all the malls and next to hackensack. So you should find plenty to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey