Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 06:19 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

I had one mother out in a car. She waved at me when I looked around because the little boy was at my door all by himself. I live in a condo complex so most people walk with their kids.

I probably had about 30 kids. I enjoy them coming. Makes me a little sad remembering doing that with my own daughter and Halloweens when she was little. I miss those days. I miss her! Haven't seen my daughter for more than a year...but I will on Tuesday!

I bought a big pumpkin a few weeks ago but didn't have the time or energy to carve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
We don't get many trick or treaters around here. When I was a kid in this neighborhood, there were a lot more. But so many people who live here are the ones who lived here 26 years ago when I was a kid and they don't have children anymore. And these aren't young family starter home priced.

Our houses kind of sucks for trick or treating also because they are spaced so far apart and are set so deep from the street. So we usually go to a friends' neighborhood to trick or treat.

It is ironic that we get people driving in from other neighborhoods thinking that the rich people will have all the good candy when the rich people stopped expecting trick or treaters years ago and usually aren't even home.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:25 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
The first children came at 3:00 and the last at 7:00. We only had about 60 kids. The Churches had "Trunk or Treat" the past 2 nights, so the kids and parents from the Community attended those festivities. Our daughter lives further down in So. Jersey where their Town has always had regulated hrs. from 6-8 for kids to Trick or Treat.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:11 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,256,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
The first children came at 3:00 and the last at 7:00. We only had about 60 kids. The Churches had "Trunk or Treat" the past 2 nights, so the kids and parents from the Community attended those festivities. Our daughter lives further down in So. Jersey where their Town has always had regulated hrs. from 6-8 for kids to Trick or Treat.
What is "trunk or treat"? I have heard of it, but what do they do during "trunk or treat" time?

Old 10-31-2015, 09:39 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Did anyone see the New Jersey Devil? I've heard that he's out and about on this night.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:29 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,989 times
Once again we did not get many. We live in a small town with lots of homes and lots of trick or treaters, but they don't seem to like our street. Perhaps it's due to it being a smaller dead end street? We left to go to the movies and every other street was full of kids. Oh well, my coworkers have lots of candy to munch on today.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:45 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
problemis the trick or treaters that show up late. Obama for instance is visiting newark today wearing a president costume.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
problemis the trick or treaters that show up late. Obama for instance is visiting newark today wearing a president costume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

Old 11-02-2015, 08:41 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
By 5:30, they stopped ringing my doorbell, so tomorrow I will have...a lot...of candy to donate to the children's hospital.

Very nice idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
We didn't have a single trick-or-treater. In 32 years, I think we have had 6 trick-or-treaters, total. I am not sure why. I live on a street with plenty of other houses, our town population has grown a lot in those 32 years, but still no trick-or-treaters. There are even young kids who live across the street! It's not just us; our neighbors don't get any, either. I'd be more than happy to see them and I always have candy (and coins) in the house, but they don't show up. Weird.

We did have a couple kids a few years ago, and Mom was driving them around. Anyone else see that in your town? Town is semi-rural, in Gloucester County, but there are plenty of homes on my street that the kiddies could walk to. My Mom used to kick our butts out the door and tell us to have a good time! But that was many, many years ago.
We don't have many in my section of our development because the houses are farther apart. I usually give handfuls of candy to the ones that do come, but ran out fast last year as we had a lot of kids, this year I don't think I gave out 1/4 of the candy. Let me know where you are, I'll tell my daughter & her friends to take the kids there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
My daughter & her friend took the kids to a high school in Franklinville Thursday night where they gave treats, Friday night Williamstown high school had theirs. Not sure if they did trunk or treat this year which is people giving candy out from their trunk

My town sets a time; during the week it's from 4-8 but on a weekend it is 3-8.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:46 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
What is "trunk or treat"? I have heard of it, but what do they do during "trunk or treat" time?
Looking for a trunk or treat event in South Jersey? Check these out
Trunk or Treat at YMCA of Glouster County
This trick or treating event will feature decorated cars for trick or treating as well as fun for the entire family including music, a bounce house, and spooky games. Prizes will be given for the best costume and best car decorations.
When: Oct. 25 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Where: 235 East Red Bank Avenue, Woodbury
Cost: Free

Trunk or Treat Zombie Run
Join the Gloucester County Community Church for a family friendly zombie run followed by a trunk or treat to collect some Halloween treats.
When: Oct. 29 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: 359 Chapel Heights Road, Sewell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey