Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 01:32 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,873,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
An ex was on "the Weakest Link" - voted off first round..lol : ) Shame as they are brilliant and probably would have kicked butt on Jeopardy. And speaking of jeopardy - Whenever I am stuck in line behind a slow person checking out at the grocery store, I whistle the jeopardy tune....: )
Thanks a lot, now I'm whistling the "Jeopardy" tune right now.

I also remember that other show and its catch phrase: "You are the weakest link; good bye."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:20 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,543,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Thanks a lot, now I'm whistling the "Jeopardy" tune right now.

I also remember that other show and its catch phrase: "You are the weakest link; good bye."
or....."who wants to be our next contestant onnnnnnnnnn The Price is Right". I loved that one as well. What was the other show where you got money for crap in your pockets/purse? Oh yeah! "Let's Make a Deal". They just don't put out great game shows anymore... all slim reality programs now! And one more - The Gong Show...anyone remember that one?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
my cousin was on that too! i can't remember when she was voted off, maybe mid-way..
hummm...was your cousin my ex!!!! LOL : ) I liked the British version better than the American version. If you thought she (Anne) was brutal here you should have seen her over there..no mercy! I liked the one show when the comedian - Carrot Top was one of the players and he asked her if the curtains matched the carpet...I have never seen anyone make her laugh and he did : )

Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times
Quote:
hummm...was your cousin my ex!!!! LOL : ) I liked the British version better than the American version. If you thought she (Anne) was brutal here you should have seen her over there..no mercy! I liked the one show when the comedian - Carrot Top was one of the players and he asked her if the curtains matched the carpet...I have never seen anyone make her laugh and he did : )
You're one of a very few people I've found who actually "get" that phrase....lol.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You're one of a very few people I've found who actually "get" that phrase....lol.
LOL - it was funny because after I chuckled and hit the "submit reply" bottom - I said to myself, no one is going to understand what the hell that means : ))

Old 04-08-2008, 05:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,873,772 times
Quote:
or....."who wants to be our next contestant onnnnnnnnnn The Price is Right". I loved that one as well. What was the other show where you got money for crap in your pockets/purse? Oh yeah! "Let's Make a Deal". They just don't put out great game shows anymore... all slim reality programs now! And one more - The Gong Show...anyone remember that one?
Yep, I remember all those game shows! It's amazing Bob Barker kept going and going until he retired last summer. I was a sucker for watching those shows during summer when I was off from school. I also remember watching "Card Shark", "Press Your Luck", "Sale of the Century", "Concentration", and some other games I can't recall at the moment. And of course "Family Feud" w/ Richard Dawson!

We New Jerseyans (I technically a former resident now) sure like to watch game shows.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,577,577 times
Quote:
LOL - it was funny because after I chuckled and hit the "submit reply" bottom - I said to myself, no one is going to understand what the hell that means : ))

who DOESN'T know what that means, LOL! As a (light) blonde, I've been asked that countless times, LMAO.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
who DOESN'T know what that means, LOL! As a (light) blonde, I've been asked that countless times, LMAO.
and......... do they match : )))))

Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Yep, I remember all those game shows! It's amazing Bob Barker kept going and going until he retired last summer. I was a sucker for watching those shows during summer when I was off from school. I also remember watching "Card Shark", "Press Your Luck", "Sale of the Century", "Concentration", and some other games I can't recall at the moment. And of course "Family Feud" w/ Richard Dawson!

We New Jerseyans (I technically a former resident now) sure like to watch game shows.
I feel bad having to be the one to tell ya this.. but I think Bob Barker died this past year : ( My parents made us watch "Wheel of Fortune" every frickin night! My mom was good - she should have tried out for that one. They always picked the loudest, most obnoxious people to be on that show!! Another favorite - that shopping one where you get like 2 minutes to grab whatever you can. I use to sit there and think, if I ever got on that show, how I would handle it! I would have walked away with the whole store! what about the Newlywed Game! The one episode... "where's the strangest place you ever had sex?"... one guy answered "that would be up the butt bob". And the bloopers show - they did a skit on "The Price is Right" where the woman came running down the steps, yelling and screaming with her arms up in the air... she was wearing a tube top (remember thoses) - it fell down!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM

828 posts, read 3,130,895 times
Quote:
and......... do they match : )))))
I usually think the same thing anytime I see a 40+ woman who is a redhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey