Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:59 PM

8 posts, read 8,948 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a Goddard school franchisee and have been looking at a few locations in West Orange/Livingston area. The Goddard School, an early childhood education provider is actively pursuing a location across the Essex Green Shopping Center in West orange that would serve West Orange and parts of surrounding towns Livingston, Glen Ridge, Montclair and South Orange. Interestingly LA fitness is building a huge facility right across the Essex Green Shopping Center as well.

I was wondering what are your thoughts on West Orange a possible location for the Goddard school in an area that until now has been under served.
Was particularly interested in WO because of the young families with children and close proximity to NYC for commuting parents.
Just wanted to get as many opinions on the need in the area for a new early education provider.
Would you consider enrolling your children into a facility like the Goddard school in around the Essex green shopping center vicinity?
How convenient would the location be for a commuting parent?
Is there potential for a Premium early childcare center in the area?
Reading through the forums about WO, it seems like its split between people believing WO going the way of Orange, East Orange, Newark, and Irvington and the other half disagreeing.

Any comments, suggestions, criticism and ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 01:24 PM

28 posts, read 34,585 times
Hi,
I live in Livingston and my kids attend preschool at JCC Metrowest, which is technically in WO. I would say almost half of the families are from WO or SO, so there us definitely demand for premium child care. I obviously cannot tell you whether there is demand for more such child care than already exists, but the location you pointed out might attract Livingston families who commute to Newark/Jersey City or NYC for work.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:48 PM

Thank you.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:55 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,095,917 times
West Orange is a big town with considerable differences in housing prices and incomes from one part to the other. My guess (and it's up to you to verify it) is that with the new and expensive houses that were built near the Livingston border in recent years, there will be more parents in the market for that sort of thing than there have been.

At this point in time there's no immediate danger of West Orange going the way of EO. It would take a serious blow to the regional economy to do that; something like another 2008 crash.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:25 PM

Do you live in WO? thanks.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njmom908 View Post
Do you live in WO? thanks.
Yes, I live in West Orange. I don't have any kids though.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:51 PM

I Just want to get the vibe of the residents who live there, as you mentioned it is pretty big. By essex house on northfield was one of the other site considered but that particular area in general looked pretty empty and desolate comparing with essex green shopping center , is it a right assessment?

Old 11-23-2015, 03:02 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,940,891 times
At least now you're disclosing that you're a Goddard franchisee and not just a mom looking for quality daycare "like Godddard" in the area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ivingston.html

Old 11-23-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
At least now you're disclosing that you're a Goddard franchisee and not just a mom looking for quality daycare "like Godddard" in the area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ivingston.html
Was not a franchisee in September so there was no need for disclosure. But thanks for pointing it out.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 PM

That spot on Northfield isn't really "desolate and empty", though I understand why it feels that way. But I'm not sure I'd see "preschool" and "major 4 lane highway" as the best combination in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey