Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 06:00 PM

4 posts, read 14,940 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Hoping to get insight to the schools in Freehold. I have a son who will be entering kindergarten in September.

I looked at the school reports and several of the elementary schools there seem to rate well. I like what I've seen about Cateena and Donovan schools. Now I'm trying to find the "inside scoop" from people or educators in the area.

As far as the town, we ideally would like to find an area with "like-minded" people if that makes sense. We are a professional couple who's priority is our son...we would like to be in a family friendly area with great schools. I've been told to avoid Freehold Borough. Any areas to recommend?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroba View Post
Hi All,

Hoping to get insight to the schools in Freehold. I have a son who will be entering kindergarten in September.

I looked at the school reports and several of the elementary schools there seem to rate well. I like what I've seen about Cateena and Donovan schools. Now I'm trying to find the "inside scoop" from people or educators in the area.

As far as the town, we ideally would like to find an area with "like-minded" people if that makes sense. We are a professional couple who's priority is our son...we would like to be in a family friendly area with great schools. I've been told to avoid Freehold Borough. Any areas to recommend?

Thanks for any help you can give!
We have sent three children K-12 through the school system here and we have nothing but praise. We live in Freehold Township. Our children went to Applegate and Eisenhower but be assured all the schools are fine. Freehold Township has a lot to offer and I don't think you would be disappointed, plenty of things for children to do. It billed as "Western Monmouth's Family Town". Good luck to you.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,605 times
Yes definitely avoid the Boro - but Twp. can be a nice area to live...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Freehold Township is very nice - very good schools. You'll be happy there. I agree with avoiding the Boro. Although there are still some really nice pockets - I personally wouldn't live there having to send kids to school.

As far as any recommendations - depending on where you will be commuting to and your price range - you could also look at Millstone, Cream Ridge, and Allentown - if you like a smaller town feel. Manalapan and Marlboro are also very nice and share the High School District with Freehold. Good luck.

If you want more recommendations you'll have to give us some more specifics!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:25 PM

316 posts, read 1,249,045 times
Hi Aroba,

I will like to help you with all of your question on the area Monmouth county is very nice area, have you look in the area?
I can also help you after school care or before school care if you need it .
this is a lovely area.
Moderator cut: no advertising
the schools are very nice there and also have a wonderful vo-tech program for high school and middle school.

Last edited by tahiti; 02-06-2008 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: no advertising

Old 08-15-2008, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,660 times
The original poster mentions that they have been warned to avoid Freehold Boro, and a couple of the posters above agreed with the idea of "Avoiding the Boro"...one even alluded to avoiding the Boro if you are "having to send kids to school". I am wondering why this is?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:33 PM

19 posts, read 54,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald View Post
The original poster mentions that they have been warned to avoid Freehold Boro, and a couple of the posters above agreed with the idea of "Avoiding the Boro"...one even alluded to avoiding the Boro if you are "having to send kids to school". I am wondering why this is?
"Avoid the Borough" is usually code for "the Borough is not ethnically, racially or economically homogeneous."

Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 AM

76 posts, read 444,005 times
There is a high crime rate and a problem with public drunkenness in the Boro in spite of the overall area being historic and beautiful. But yeah, let's pretend people who care about such luxuries as safety are close-minded bigots.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 AM

19 posts, read 54,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ K View Post
There is a high crime rate and a problem with public drunkenness in the Boro in spite of the overall area being historic and beautiful. But yeah, let's pretend people who care about such luxuries as safety are close-minded bigots.
In 2006 (the most recent year I can find statistics for) the crime rate in Freehold Borough was 27.0 per 1000. The crime rate for the Township was 28.3 per 1000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: