Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,593 times

Advertisements

I am just now seeing this and you were SOOOOO helpful in helping choose on what areas to deeply consider in northern New Jersey. Thank you SO much.---{@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,593 times
I was directing my previous comment to pbergen.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 AM

828 posts, read 3,135,032 times
Look at some of the towns that run up and down rte 17...from East Rutherford, North.
Hopefully some people will chime in and give you some good school systems in Bergen County.
One more thing, do not ask those from NY about NJ...

Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,613,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Look at some of the towns that run up and down rte 17...from East Rutherford, North.
Hopefully some people will chime in and give you some good school systems in Bergen County.
One more thing, do not ask those from NY about NJ...
Why?? You left New York and came to New Jersey??

Old 04-27-2008, 12:59 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by areluctantmom View Post
If you want to pay a ton of taxes, live in a closet and have no money, then NYC is for you. (We lived there for three years and a year after my daughter was born I knew I had to get out.) If you want fresh air, lots of nice people, excellent schools (some nationally rated as best), then move to NJ - it's the best kept secret! I am a mother of two girls, age 6 and 3, and we live in Central NJ. The schools are fantastic, the community is friendly and the towns are great. The commute to NYC isn't great, but on the train it's a 50-minute express train to Midtown Manhattan.

If you want to know more, e-mail me at areluctantmom@yahoo.com
FRESH AIR? You are misleading this poster, since NJ is one of the most polluted states in the nation. And do not forget to point out that it is #1, on high-property taxes. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:02 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,186,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
FRESH AIR? You are misleading this poster, since NJ is one of the most polluted states in the nation. And do not forget to point out that it is #1, on high-property taxes. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Hmm. Better inform the environmental protection agency of your findings. You seem to contradict their research...MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Top 25 Cleanest air

You are right about the property taxes though.

The only part of NYC would consider living in is Manhattan. Lets face it, thats where people from around the world come to see, not The Bronx or Queens. With kids, I wouldn't recommend living in Manhattan unless you have some serious cash. Now, for the price of a tiny house on a postage stamp lot (if any land at all) in Queens, you could live in NJ in a decent house on 1/2 an acre, in a school system far superior to the NYC public school system. You can have a tree lined street with a nice yard in a hilly area with woods and lakes nearby, and crime in the suburbs is not nearly as big a factor as in NYC. Some people say "they like the convenience", but when I worked at Jamaica Hospital, it took me longer to get to Manhattan than it does from my town in NJ. It all depends what you are looking for I guess.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 04-27-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-27-2008, 07:22 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,612 times
Default Anesthesia MD

The poster stated that she lives in central NJ, with "fresh air," insinuating that ALL of NJ has "fresh air." And the point I was trying to make is that it is a heavily- polluted state. You thought that I was comparing states, and you are citing a small part of NJ that is not fully developed, yet. Most, if not all these towns, are in Burlington County, between Trenton, and Camden, NJ. And are very small towns with minimal population, with the exception of Marlton, population 10,260, and Palmyra, with 7,091. The rest had very minimal amounts of people. Yes, Burlington County is not as polluted yet, because there is less of everything. But the rest of NJ, with its huge density, is very polluted. THAT WAS MY POINT. Let's be real. You need high-powered masks to travel the route 1-9, alone, with all those gasoline tank depositories.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:33 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,636,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
The poster stated that she lives in central NJ, with "fresh air," insinuating that ALL of NJ has "fresh air." And the point I was trying to make is that it is a heavily- polluted state. You thought that I was comparing states, and you are citing a small part of NJ that is not fully developed, yet. Most, if not all these towns, are in Burlington County, between Trenton, and Camden, NJ. And are very small towns with minimal population, with the exception of Marlton, population 10,260, and Palmyra, with 7,091. The rest had very minimal amounts of people. Yes, Burlington County is not as polluted yet, because there is less of everything. But the rest of NJ, with its huge density, is very polluted. THAT WAS MY POINT. Let's be real. You need high-powered masks to travel the route 1-9, alone, with all those gasoline tank depositories.

LOL - for someone taking another to task for "insinuating" that ALL of NJ has clean air - you did a pretty bang up job "insinuating" everywhere BUT Burlington Cnty is completely polluted. LOL! Ever hear of Cape May, Ocean, Morris, Sussex, Salem, Warren and Cumberland Counties, for instance? I didn't realize these counties has "huge density" and lots of pollution.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 PM

786 posts, read 2,659,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hmm. Better inform the environmental protection agency of your findings. You seem to contradict their research...MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Top 25 Cleanest air
PWNED him GOOOOOD!!!!!

10 out of the 25 in the list of places with cleanest air are NJ towns....

Interestingly enough, no NY town (not to mention NYC) made it...

Old 01-06-2016, 12:43 AM

51 posts, read 80,147 times
To Stressed Mover. Hun I grew up in NJ and i live else where I miss it. Bergen County is expensive but awesome, good schools in paramus, little ferry fort lee, lots of places and many movie stars out of that area, central jersey near the beach is ok off the 35 and the train can take you in,

Monmouth county is awesome where the beach begins farther south than that would be too far, middletown is awesome, hazlet, wall, etc If you want to be near NYC i grew up in North Bergen not so nice anymore, but right over the George Washington Bridge is very nice fort lee and so many other small towns.

Now i am considering leaving florida and going back same as you NY or NJ is on my mind, maybe Long Island, but NY is very expensive, I would live in Jersey and commute unless you luck out and find a place there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey