Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 AM

32 posts, read 126,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
That's why a good inspector uses a test canister that has tamper tape on it- it gets taped to the floor or another surface, and if it's moved, the tape shows it'd been moved. They also put tamper tape on any basement windows so they can't be opened to air out the basement.

Good to know. I will ask the inspector about this if he ever answers my calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,543,206 times
It sounds like your attorney isn't doing his or her job either! Tell your attorney to get on the phone and call this dead beat! He - the inspector is costing both you and the seller money. One option I don't think anyone mentioned is...close with escrow - enough money to correct the problem if you do have a radon issue...which by the way, most NJ areas have radon issues. I know escrowing money isn't fair to the seller but are they anxious to get out? If they are, they may agree to it. But definately get on your attorney!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:07 PM

32 posts, read 126,455 times
Hi all,

This is just unbelieveable. I got a call from the inspector a few minutes ago. The second radon test got lost in the mail. This had just gotten out of control.

I'm either going to hire another inspector to do the radon test or just take the risk of closing without it. My husband and I will sleep on it.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,770,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I know several people who did put the canister outside for about 1 day ranging to half the time outside or in between the screens and windows, only to bring it back in several hours before the inspector came or mailed to lab. I honestly dont know what to say to these people, I just think they are stupid to tell people. However the tests all came back with so suspicion that it was outside and passed.
Wow! It never occurred to me that someone would do that. I don't know what else to say.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Did you know that you can go to Home Depot (Home Cheapo) or Lowes and get a radon test kit yourself? You handle mailing it in to the lab and you can pay extra for an expedited turn-around on the results. May be a good option for you...oh and if you don't trust the sellers, buy two and hide one where they can't find it..run both as it's fairly cheap.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,510,410 times
Quote:
That's why a good inspector uses a test canister that has tamper tape on it- it gets taped to the floor or another surface, and if it's moved, the tape shows it'd been moved. They also put tamper tape on any basement windows so they can't be opened to air out the basement.
If an Inspector tried to tape my windows he would get thrown right out on his can.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If an Inspector tried to tape my windows he would get thrown right out on his can.
That's your perogative- just bear in mind that you'd likely be killing the sale of your house..........

Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM

23,787 posts, read 33,229,160 times
Quote:

Think it's a great idea as it might prevent a future law suit.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:22 PM

How old is the home? Approx. 10 years ago, most Twps. required that builders install the piping system required underneath the floor and vented to outside regardless of whether or not radon was an issue. This was so that in the event radon became an issue down the road, all a homeowner would need to do is install a fan into the piping system... the fan costs about $400.00

Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM

316 posts, read 1,245,579 times
Question sorry i just need to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc0715 View Post
Hi all,

This is just unbelieveable. I got a call from the inspector a few minutes ago. The second radon test got lost in the mail. This had just gotten out of control.

I'm either going to hire another inspector to do the radon test or just take the risk of closing without it. My husband and I will sleep on it.
So the inspector is awful! I never seen such bad inspector
your lawyer is got you on hold .
what are both agents or agent doing in the deal. Cant they help,
call someone they know to get it done quickly are they helping you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey