Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 01:22 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,439,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
glad , its sounds like you have it all. It appears you not lacking for good conversation and visual stimulation! This was my problem when I tried to move I just picked the wrong place too move. I think if when we were looking decided to pick the R/Durham area it could have easily been jump right into life. However we had that live in the Mountains, romatic notions of fishing , hiking and making fires . Boy how stupid we were. Problem is all the big mountain areas bring a different kinda of element that was resourceful at fixing an old lawn tractor but not on the things I like to talk about. The trailer element seems to exsist in the mountains and I guess there is a truth to stir crazy. I enjoyed your story alot.
Now you can see how my mind things too much here is a postal question for you. Lets say I mail my taxes post marked on time but put the wrong amount of money on the Big envelope. Now it gets post marked by the Federal Post office for mailing on time, but since I sent lets say fifty cents short on postage and they deliver it back to me can I get away with out interest not paying my taxes on time? The envelope comes back to me and it was postmarked by a federal govt branch which is part of the us gov irs. What do you think?
Easy answer - If you owe money, the IRS will blame you for sending it in late. They would consider it your responsibility to get it to them whether by the Post Office or Fedex by the due date. If you're getting a refund, they're a lot less picky. All the IRS cares about is getting what you owe them by April 15th. If you don't put enough postage on something, they'll consider it your problem if they deem it late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 06:14 PM

5,617 posts, read 15,468,387 times
thank for the answer, I was just wondering, I dont send taxes late. Listen I really enjoyed the exchange with you. I think your in a great place and happy. Please dont be a stranger , come here and chat!! your cool!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM

to get this post back on track Paterson some areas are so so, some suck!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:56 PM

874 posts, read 3,671,439 times
It must have been in West Paterson somewhere..

Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,912,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
to get this post back on track Paterson some areas are so so, some suck!
They pretty much all suck now. LOL

Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,439,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
They pretty much all suck now. LOL
EEEPNJ - There are a few exceptional homes in Paterson's Eastside right near the Elmwood Park border. These homes have price tags above $750,000 and are constructed with materials that could simply not be duplicated in a new home at this price. The downside is 20 blocks away is the ghetto in "all its glory". You'd also have to factor in the cost of private school for the kids, but for some people it's an attractive alternative to similar-priced tract home suburbia. The tax bills on some of these houses could choke a horse! Works for some people, not for me - I've been "Patersoned out"!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:47 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,409,437 times
Listen folks, it's real easy, I know it's like beating a dead horse but here it goes:

If you're single, w/o any kids and are street smart, by all means you can CONSIDER towns like Paterson, Newark, Jersey City, South Central LA, East LA, Detroit as long as you find yourself in the "nice" area of any of these towns. Just stay out of the ghettos and stop trying to score some dime bags and if you need cigarrettes or alcohol don't go to the liquor store next to the gun shop that's right next to the pawn shop which is across the street from the check cashing place which is next door to the $39.99 a night motel.

If you can avoid all of that, by all means Paterson is the right spot for you, otherwise stick to areas where gunshots and police sirens are not part of the background noise.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:10 AM

37 posts, read 261,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Listen folks, it's real easy, I know it's like beating a dead horse but here it goes:

If you're single, w/o any kids and are street smart, by all means you can CONSIDER towns like Paterson, Newark, Jersey City, South Central LA, East LA, Detroit as long as you find yourself in the "nice" area of any of these towns. Just stay out of the ghettos and stop trying to score some dime bags and if you need cigarrettes or alcohol don't go to the liquor store next to the gun shop that's right next to the pawn shop which is across the street from the check cashing place which is next door to the $39.99 a night motel.

If you can avoid all of that, by all means Paterson is the right spot for you, otherwise stick to areas where gunshots and police sirens are not part of the background noise.
Except for the "if you're single" part, I can't disagree with this post. But it would be true for just about every city in America with over 100,000 people.

I believe everything that's going to be said about Paterson has been said in this thread, can't believe it hasn't been locked yet.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,543,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patersonian View Post
Except for the "if you're single" part, I can't disagree with this post. But it would be true for just about every city in America with over 100,000 people.

I believe everything that's going to be said about Paterson has been said in this thread, can't believe it hasn't been locked yet.
me too! Enough already... there's tons of other threads about patterson that a new member can search through as well. This one is getting a bit moldy!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post

this is funny!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey