U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM

5,087 posts, read 3,445,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamygurl View Post
Cary, NC
Chapel Hill, NC
Round Rock, TX
Irvine, CA
Plano, TX
Frisco, TX
Bellevue, Washington
Gilbert, AZ
Temecula, CA

These are all good. Sad thing is because of this reason they are getting lots of immigration from all over, especially north. And when they get bigger in the future, they will probably see more crime.
That's true.

Round Rock's population 40 years ago was about 2,000, now it's over 100,000.

Most of our crime is proprty theft, which is higher than the national average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 PM

6,970 posts, read 12,586,682 times
compared to newark - no

Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 AM

110 posts, read 96,488 times
At first, I was scared to go through Paterson. Simply put, I had a bad experience the first time I went through there. It wasn't even a bad experience in the dangerous sense. It was just the overall feel of the area, traffic, etc.

Since I got to New Jersey, I've been to Paterson more than any other town (obviously, not counting the town in which I live). I drive there, ride with people there, run there, etc.

That said, would I willing do all of those things at night and feel completely safe? No.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 19,268 times
I've heard decent things about the West Paterson area. That may be where your friend is going if he lives in Wayne. Woodland Park, Haledon, Totowa, etc. Paterson itself has some spots that are good, others not so good. Similar to Newark, where the Ironbound and spots throughout the city are great, and others aren't really areas you'd want to stroll through. Saying to avoid entire cities is a mistake - neighborhoods can change from really nice to really run down and dangerous in just a couple of blocks. Just look at Philly!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:27 PM

27,948 posts, read 22,185,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandcarrie View Post
I've heard decent things about the West Paterson area. That may be where your friend is going if he lives in Wayne. Woodland Park, Haledon, Totowa, etc. Paterson itself has some spots that are good, others not so good. Similar to Newark, where the Ironbound and spots throughout the city are great, and others aren't really areas you'd want to stroll through. Saying to avoid entire cities is a mistake - neighborhoods can change from really nice to really run down and dangerous in just a couple of blocks. Just look at Philly!
Woodland Park IS West Paterson. I still think the name change is ridiculous, but I don't live there anymore so it's not my problem. But West Paterson/Woodland Park is a small, suburban town that doesn't resemble the city of Paterson in any way. It does, however, get some spillover crime from being adjacent to Paterson (just show up some night in municipal court if you don't know what I'm talking about), and every so often they used to find headless chickens at the reservoir in West Pat from the DR Santerians doing their voodoo sacrificial thing in the middle of the night.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 AM

2,584 posts, read 3,261,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Woodland Park IS West Paterson. I still think the name change is ridiculous
I've said this before; In retaliation, Paterson should change its name to East Woodlawn Park. Tha'll show 'em.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:16 PM

26 posts, read 26,825 times
Patterson xucks. City is run by gangs.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:06 AM

27,948 posts, read 22,185,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I've said this before; In retaliation, Paterson should change its name to East Woodlawn Park. Tha'll show 'em.
I think a previous mayor of Paterson once said he was going to change the city's name to West Elmwood Park. (For those of you too young to remember, Elmwood Park used to be East Paterson.)

Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 AM

23 posts, read 23,575 times
If you are in the need to buy drugs or guns than Paterson is AWESOME. St
ay away.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,917 times
My Wife and I grew up in Paterson N.J. We now live in tucson I matter of fact retired from the Haledon Police Dept. I miss the times we had in and around N.J. there was always so much to do .The shore , 4 hour drive and your in Maryland ,18 hr. drive and your in Florida everything seemed so close together .I was on duty when there was a man shot and killed in Falls View in a booth . I remember when sears burned down so much history .I think someone posted a blog about mutton pies I loved them they were sold on Belmont ave in Haledon has since burned down
great times but it;s like they say it can never go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey