Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:45 PM

23 posts, read 29,801 times

Advertisements

My wife and I and two kids will be visiting you folks this weekend. I hate having to rush around looking for a place to eat then settling for something run of the mill when we can't find anything. We need a couple of casual suggestions that the locals like, and something a little nicer for maybe a late easter lunch or dinner. We will be arriving Fri and departing Tues morning. We are driving and will have a car available. We are staying at the Hyat Regency Jersey City on the Hudson.

Also, We are doing the statue on Sat and 9/11 on Sun.

Thanks for your time
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 02:56 PM

17 posts, read 44,395 times
Downtown Jersey City:
Porta on Newark Avenue - pizza and salads, big place, plenty of seating and kid friendly. 10 minute walk from there.
Skinners Loft - right across the street from Porta.
Razza on Grove Street

For Easter you can do the restaurant in the Hyatt (Vu), Fire & Oak in the Westin Hotel, or Liberty House.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:13 AM

Thanks much Jersey girl

Old 03-24-2016, 07:17 AM

596 posts, read 895,552 times
You should try Sam AM for breakfast/brunch. Great food, Great atmosphere. We love that place.

Atsushi

Old 03-24-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
You should try Sam AM for breakfast/brunch. Great food, Great atmosphere. We love that place.

Atsushi
Thanks Atsushi

Old 03-25-2016, 09:03 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardog View Post
My wife and I and two kids will be visiting you folks this weekend. I hate having to rush around looking for a place to eat then settling for something run of the mill when we can't find anything. We need a couple of casual suggestions that the locals like, and something a little nicer for maybe a late easter lunch or dinner. We will be arriving Fri and departing Tues morning. We are driving and will have a car available. We are staying at the Hyat Regency Jersey City on the Hudson.

Thanks for your time
Chris
Satis, Light Horse and Battelo are walkable. Satis is my favorite, Light Horse second Favorite.

Located in Paulus Hook which feels like the West Village in NY. Cute brownstones and tree-lined streets
Satis Bistro - Satis Bistro - Salumeria & European-Style Café in Paulus Hook, Jersey City
Light Horse Tavern - https://www.lighthorsetavern.com/

On the water over looking Manhattan
Battelo - Welcome To Battello Restaurant in Jersey City NJ

On Restaurant Row on Newark Street
Porta
Raval
Talde
South House

Old 03-25-2016, 11:09 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardog View Post

Thanks for your time
Chris
Markers, right there behind your hotel, for dinner.

Get the lemon pepper roasted chicken.

Or one of their salads that is a complete meal.

If you want burgers, go to the Iron Monkey.

For Asian, Sky Thai, a little further walk.

For reasonable with the kids, there is a food court in the Harborside building, again, behind your hotel. Don't think it's open weekends, but for Monday, they have everything--pizza, Asian, sandwiches, salad, soup...

Worked in the neighborhood for three years.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 03-25-2016 at 11:20 PM..

Old 03-26-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Markers, right there behind your hotel, for dinner.

Get the lemon pepper roasted chicken.

Or one of their salads that is a complete meal.

If you want burgers, go to the Iron Monkey.

For Asian, Sky Thai, a little further walk.

For reasonable with the kids, there is a food court in the Harborside building, again, behind your hotel. Don't think it's open weekends, but for Monday, they have everything--pizza, Asian, sandwiches, salad, soup...

Worked in the neighborhood for three years.
great, thank you.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:15 AM

239 posts, read 379,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Satis, Light Horse and Battelo are walkable. Satis is my favorite, Light Horse second Favorite.

Located in Paulus Hook which feels like the West Village in NY. Cute brownstones and tree-lined streets
Satis Bistro - Satis Bistro - Salumeria & European-Style Café in Paulus Hook, Jersey City
Light Horse Tavern - https://www.lighthorsetavern.com/

On the water over looking Manhattan
Battelo - Welcome To Battello Restaurant in Jersey City NJ

On Restaurant Row on Newark Street
Porta
Raval
Talde
South House
I'd second the Light Horse Tavern rec, but you should get a reservation of its not too late already.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:09 AM

... So quick update, we've been hitting city diner cuz it's close by, pretty happy with the place but the oatmeal is wierd, and not sure if that's an east cost thing. Went to razza last night and after looking at the limited menu and the forty minute wait we but the pavement again, I asked a girl where to get pizza and she said two boots pizza up a couple blocks. It was very good. I'd go so far to say it was better than Chicago, sorry Chicago friends. We're off now for 9/11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey