Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:04 PM

29 posts, read 43,766 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relocating to Monmouth county from NNJ. We're both teachers and have a little one on the way. Exciting! While we both work in Union, we'd like to move out of the area. At this point, we can comfortably afford a $400,00 home (maybe $425) - not much, I know, but that's our budget. In our next life, we'll make millions. We don't know much about the individual towns in Monmouth County, except for the few times I was in Red Bank, and what I read online. Can anyone suggest the best towns/areas of a town we might want to look at? Obviously, we realize we're hindered by our amount, but would love a safe area with a good school system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeremy

Last edited by Dr. Jeremy; 03-23-2016 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 07:06 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jeremy View Post
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relocating to Monmouth county from NNJ. We're both teachers and have a little one on the way. Exciting! While we both work in Union, we'd like to move out of the area. At this point, we can comfortably afford a $400,00 home (maybe $425) - not much, I know, but that's our budget. In our next life, we'll make millions. We don't know much about the individual towns in Monmouth County, except for the few times I was in Red Bank, and what I read online. Can anyone suggest the best towns/areas of a town we might want to look at? Obviously, we realize we're hindered by our amount, but would love a safe area with a good school system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeremy
I think you should be able to find something on that budget. There are some expensive towns around, but not all of them are that pricy. Try looking at Tinton Falls. It's a really nice town, and I think the schools are supposed to be pretty good, though probably not listed as high up as the more expensive towns. You can get right on the Parkway to drive up to Union.

You likely could also find what you are looking for in parts of Middletown, which is a huge township with all sorts of sections ranging from the multi-million-dollar houses in Navesink to small bayshore bungalows in Port Monmouth, and areas in between where I think you would find suitable houses.

Look at West Long Branch, too.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:41 PM

291 posts, read 390,682 times
Check the area of North Howell, off of Howell Road. There is a great development where I use to live, called Country Meadows: homes in the 400's. I use to live there. The schools were Gribling and Memorial and we had nothing but great experiences there.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:31 PM

Yes, Howell is a little further down than Tinton Falls, but nice. Good suggestion.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions. I'll suggest Tinton Falls, West Long Branch, and Howell to my wife. Is there a particular area of Tinton Falls that you might recommend?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jeremy View Post
Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions. I'll suggest Tinton Falls, West Long Branch, and Howell to my wife. Is there a particular area of Tinton Falls that you might recommend?
No, I don't know the town that well. It's long and skinny and accessible from 4 Parkway exits! I don't think there's a "bad section", though.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:14 PM

127 posts, read 160,539 times
Since you are located in Union, remember access to the Parkway needs to be considered for any commute and thus eventual well being - I moved to Lincroft 13 years ago while working in Wayne due to access to Parkway and proximity to Red Bank train station. The school system in the area is excellent but it lacks a downtown area. The biggest problem with Monmouth County are the increasing tax rates, but 75% does go to the schools.

With respect to Tinton Falls, like any town there are good and bad sections. I would avoid the Tinton Falls area need the dump (landfill) off Shafto and WYcoff Road because odors do permeate the area. Just Google it. Over the last couple of years, they constructed numerous townhouses in the area so be caution.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Thanks so much for all of your help. One last question: How is Ocean Township in Monmouth County?

Old 03-27-2016, 02:48 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
Check the area of North Howell, off of Howell Road. There is a great development where I use to live, called Country Meadows: homes in the 400's. I use to live there. The schools were Gribling and Memorial and we had nothing but great experiences there.
Howell to Union could easier be an hour if not more.

If anything get further north :ie Old Bridge.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
if i had that budget and didnt mind living in a townhome, id probably take a look at laurel greene in middletown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey