Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 AM

28 posts, read 78,039 times

Advertisements

I knew people that have graduated from Vineland High that could barely read. I'm sure it's changed, and HOPE it has changed it's standards. But there are options of private schools in the area. Some parts of Vineland should be avoided at night... like a previous poster... 4th street, 7th, 8th... and of course the city project housing (Walnut Manor *i think it's name changed*, Delsea Gardens, Axtell...) As long as you stay on the outside of the city it's pretty nice. Every place has a downfall... speaking of Franklin Twp. there are unsavory characters there as well as anywhere else... they are just harder to find. But I lived in Vineland... in the 08360 on south delsea closer to Malaga, and never had any problems. Most of the trailor parks are nice, besides 2 ... which I do not know the names of,... but one is by the train tracks by the oak tavern. (Oak Rd.) But vineland is pretty safe, it's no camden, there are million dollar homes on the outside of vineland. Vineland is also currently doing a "revitalization" on landis ave. which seems like it will be nice. The high school, I think, is only as good/bad as you make it to be. There are really nice things about it, and then there are also some things that aren't so nice. It doesn't have anything to do with race. It has a nice mix of all kinds of people there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM

20 posts, read 74,916 times
Vineland seemed to be dangerous when I attended junior high back in 1971. As far back as I can recall the "Palace Of Depression" attracted oddballs to the town. George Dayner was very eccentric and a bit on the darkside. In 1957, there was an occult type of murder by the hand of Juan Rivera Aponte on Mill Road. He murdered a young boy and used his powdered skull for a Black Magic love spell. Aponte was a farmhand and he was in love with the farmer's daughter. The farmer was incarcerated for the crime until police figured out that the real killer was Aponte.

Ravyn Guiliani,..a Christian whistleblower claimed that she was abused by the Watchtower Society in Mill woods. When I was a child, I would go hand out with friends in the woods. We would always find Satanic symbols drawn in the dirt along with burnt wood and animal remains.

In 1971, a young man from Vineland asked his 2 friends (also from Vineland), to follow him to clear pond in the Menantico Sandwash where he instructed them to bound his hands and feet with adhesive tape. He then asked them as friends to push him into clear pond. They surfboarded him in the face down position. He drowned.....and they walked away. He said he had to die violently so he could be reborn as a captain to rule over 40 legions of demons. Something that actually derives from the works of Medieval theologians like Colin De Plancey. Writings that tell of demons having hierarchies + legions. Maybe not from the Satanic bible as many in my school thought it to be but, more of a Judeo-Christian concept. His body was discovered by James Maddox who tells the story in chapters off the Gateway.com website. Gateway being a high school that James attended.

Police chief Charles Pangburn confiscated literature from the victim's room but refused to divulge it's contents. There have been many newspaper articles that speak of a Satanic cult in Vineland which had 50 members. The theory was though....that there was a wealthy elderly Satanic sect posed under the name of a different kind of organization brainwashing kids off the street who were physically abused or had indulged in drugs. Lilith Sinclair....a high priestess of the Church Of Satan was interrogated along with members of her group in 1971 after the death of the victim. This was printed through the publications industry and this was the elderly sect.

Stephen W. Jublou and Bradley F. Jublou wrote an article titled....Menantico Sandwash: The Weirdest Place In South Jersey....in the Weird N.J. magazine #20. Steve speaks of his nightmarish experience at Menantico during a camping trip in 1970....one year before the victims death. He decribes the Satanic cult that met in the woods. The sing song chanting which later developed into madness. Loud chanting and a one-two pounding like someone was using 55 gallon oil cans for drums. Steve scared out of his mind, explains the chilling realization and how he and his brother escaped before being confronted by cult members.

These 50 fringe members were merely an extension or sub-division of the elderly group who would not be seen in wooded areas. They held their secret meetings elsewhere. We are talking about divisions of groups here. Maybe the 3 boys did run across some modern translation or whatever, indulged in drugs and applied it for their personal agenda, which is what most people in Vineland seem to think. It's easy to dismiss it that way....however, as a conculsion of what happened for sure, they are dead wrong. This was associated with a wealthy elderly sect that migrated from the west coast during the late 60's. Feel free to investigate this info on the internet and discover for yourself that Vineland was at one time over populated with Satanic activity. I grew up there and to be honest, it was hard not to notice. Barbara Hutton the actress who married Cary Grant, opened a venue in the 70's and through the 80's. It was about a 30 minute drive from Vineland. The venue had a Satanic staff and black mirrors. I know because I performed there. Her father or grandfather owned the Woolworth five and dime stores. She was very interested in the spirit world. There is no proof but, my suspicion is that she could have been connected with the elderly sect in Vineland.

All through the 80's there was Satanic cults in Vineland. One worship place in particular was off south Delsea Drive, where the road splits and if you stay to the right, you have housing developments and woods. If you stay to your left, you will enter High Street in Millville. One Satanic cult was spotted in 1974 off Mayslanding road where they were repeating the ritual that the vicitm performed on himself in 71' except 2 people were tied and bound.....so you get the picture, through the 80's many of these groups were wannabe's....Maybe the elderly cult fled? I don't know what the social environment in Vineland is like today. When I grew up there, it was very strange. I couldn't wait to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey