Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 58,160 times

Advertisements

Hi, does anyone live in Harmon Cove Secaucus? We just stop by this weekend and love the townhouse over there. But there are some concerns we are no sure whether to go for this area. First, we heard it is in flood zone. have you seen flood there? Second, the NJTransit train is about 300 yard away. I am a very slight sleeper. Will that noise be a problem at night? Thank you so much for any sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
If it is in a flood zone, they have to tell you. Just ask. Were you in the townhouse when a train went by? I would think there is a lot of sound insulation in the townhome since you share walls with others.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM

Default thanks

hi thanks for the comments. I heard the train once when I was there. I will stop by next week and try again. So if I ask whether they have a flood before, they will tell the truth?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,992,392 times
My friend lived there about 10 years ago. That was before the train station so I'm not sure about any noise from that. But he did live below some folks with kids. Kids who got up early. Kids my friend refered to as "The herd of elephants"...lol....I would suggest you go to the clubhouse and spend some time in there and ask the people who live there what its like. BTW they have some fun partys there....Good luck

Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
My friend lived there about 10 years ago. That was before the train station so I'm not sure about any noise from that. But he did live below some folks with kids. Kids who got up early. Kids my friend refered to as "The herd of elephants"...lol....I would suggest you go to the clubhouse and spend some time in there and ask the people who live there what its like. BTW they have some fun partys there....Good luck
Hi, thank you so much for the information. Did you friends mentioned anything about flood?

Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilym View Post
hi thanks for the comments. I heard the train once when I was there. I will stop by next week and try again. So if I ask whether they have a flood before, they will tell the truth?
You don't want to ask "if they've had a flood", you want to know if the property is "in a flood zone". Two reasons for that:

1) Just because it hasn't flooded in the past doesn't mean it won't in the future, and if it's a newer building, they can't comment on whether the area itself flooded prior to the building being constructed.

2) If it's in a flood zone, your insurance costs are going to be higher, and you need to know that so you can plan for the expense.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 PM

50 posts, read 215,738 times
That area has never flooded in my time living in town and I've lived there my whole life. The opposite side of town floods occasionally, but that is miles away.

Harmon Cove is a great place to live. I have many friends who live there, and have been to many a great party there over the years.

If you can afford the high maintenance fees, then go for it.

The train is not really bad either.

Good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro1026 View Post
That area has never flooded in my time living in town and I've lived there my whole life. The opposite side of town floods occasionally, but that is miles away.

Harmon Cove is a great place to live. I have many friends who live there, and have been to many a great party there over the years.

If you can afford the high maintenance fees, then go for it.

The train is not really bad either.

Good luck.
Hi Metro1026, this is great to know. by the way, do your friends live in the tower or the townhouse? Many thanks.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 AM

50 posts, read 215,738 times
I have friends who live in both.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 13,160 times
Default Snakes Near Harmon Cove

My daughter lived at the Towers and loved it. But she did say she saw several little snakes when she walked through the paths near the condos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey