Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:15 PM
bn1

128 posts, read 205,791 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Wayne as well. It's a town with all right pieces except that it wasn't particularly endearing or charming. What sense of community there was in the neighborhood throughout the 70s and 80s started to disappear in the 90s.

That said, the schools are fine. Price of homes are a bit expensive, and the commute to NYC is pretty decent if you're near Rt 23 Mother's or the Transit Station (or Willowbrook). The Transit Station does have its parking quirks so I preferred Mother's when commuting to Manhattan. The express bus allows you to get to PA in about the same amount of time as it takes from areas much closer to Manhattan though.

The town is safe and you have Willowbrook. That said, traffic within town has only gotten more congested and which part of Wayne you live in can mean a world of difference in your commute time. Rt 23 was a small 2 lane road when my parents first moved to Wayne. Now its become a busy thoroughfare and often filled with traffic during rush hour. The area around Fayette Ave floods so watch out. Personally I think the neighborhoods off of Alps Road closer to Rt 23 are among the best areas although the homes can be older. They are away from flooding yet close to Rt 23. The neighborhoods further away towards Wayne Hills tend to be newer but have more cumbersome access to 23, 80, and 46 (and therefore GSP and NJ Turnpike). Packanack Lake and Pines Lake are also nice of course.

It's a pretty nice town I guess - I just don't have fond "hometown" memories of Wayne even after 30+ years of life there before moving away. Then again, I don't have particularly negative memories of Wayne either except that it seems like a town with everything going for it but character. I don't have any particular urge to move back but who knows - people say kids change everything. If I did move back, I think I would like to find something around Packanack Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 01:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
Is it a good idea to buy a town home off of valley and berden ave and commute to nyc or jersy city.

Old 02-28-2023, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 326 times
Default Moving to Wayne, NJ

Can anyone give me any input on Wayne, NJ specifically Garside Avenue. Is it safe? Should I worry about the road closing if it snows or rains? Also what area of Wayne is Garside Avenue considered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey