Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:31 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times

Advertisements

Well, according to the auto insurance industry, the answer to the question "Who does most of the driving?" is MEN.

Even if, in your experience, women seem to be doing more and more of the driving, historically speaking, men have done, and still do, most of the driving. And they still generally log more miles, than women. It's one of the reasons why men pay higher insurance premiums.

The other reasons that men pay higher premiums is because they are, overall, WORSE THAN WOMEN at driving. Sorry, as a woman, I have to get that in there as a dig at DannyHobkins (all in fun, so don't get mad).

https://www.esurance.com/info/car/wh...-car-insurance:

Quote:
"...accident and DUI statistics consistently reflect that male drivers, on the whole, take more driving risks than their female counterparts...

There are 3 main categories that suggest women are safer drivers than men: accidents, speeding, and DUI convictions...

...Women are less likely than men to get into a car accident, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners...And because men are about 10 percent less likely to wear a seat belt, they arguably face a greater risk of serious injury that results in higher medical expenses...

...The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has reported that in fatal accidents, speeding was more likely to be a factor for men (24 percent) than for women (15 percent).

...The FBI reported that 536,202 men were arrested for DUIs compared to 174,149 women in 2013..."
Men and Women Are Terrible Drivers in Different Ways - Bloomberg:

Quote:
"Men are more likely to speed, drive aggressively, and operate under the influence, according to national transportation data...When men are at the wheel, crashes are more likely to end in totaled cars, costly medical bills, and well-fed lawyers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 03:06 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,866,616 times
I'm not sure if my driver is male or female, it's tough to tell with the divider up. I'll have to ask my butler.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:03 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
What amazes me are the number of women in the front passenger seat that ride with their feet up on the dash board. If that car gets into an accident they are pretty much guaranteed 2 broken legs if not worse.
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who recognizes the stupidity of planting one's feet on top of the airbag--a behavior that I observe with distressing frequency during the warmer months. In addition to two broken legs, these misguided souls can probably expect a dislocated hip, as well as other injuries.

And then, of course, we have the passengers who think that it is a good idea to dangle one foot out of the car's window while riding. I can imagine that poor personal hygiene might drive some people to have to place a foot (or two) outside the vehicle, but I think they should recognize that they may wind up being an amputee as a result of this behavior.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Very pointless thread, but here is my observation. If you're offended by it, I truly don't care because it's my observation.

Men are being wussified and neutered by culture. Men have a better sense of navigation then women, they are more aggressive, quick acting, more aware of their surroundings, able to tune out distractions (such as nagging girlfriend/wife) and naturally better at driving. Something has been happening over the years known as the wussification of men. I don't have the pinpoint what is causing this but a few things come to mind such as the seepage of fertilizers creating estrogen in food, anti-perspeant deodorant creates estrogen, men are doing less physical work thus making less testosterone.

These are my theories and I'm sure some will be proven right why less men are driving.
I'm sure you're not being wussified and neutered, correct?
Honestly it sounds like you have an issue with strong women. I get a feeling you're terrified by them.
Bring on the attacks, I'm ready.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:47 PM

10,461 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Honestly it sounds like you have an issue with strong women. I get a feeling you're terrified by them.
I'd rather deal with smart women then 'strong' women. Read my first paragraph again.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:17 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Oh dear God, don't quote it. I was afraid my brain would hemorrhage the first time.

Swan dive...

Men are being wussified and neutered by culture. - That's been going on forever.

Men have a better sense of navigation then women - Some of them do, and when they don't know where they're going, they clam up and keep driving...like in the movie Vacation.

they are more aggressive, quick acting, more aware of their surroundings, able to tune out distractions - A lot of this depends on the individual, though I believe that men are usually more aggressive. I'll give them quick acting in certain situations, but not in others. They are not necessarily more aware of their surroundings. People who are vulnerable are very aware of their surroundings. Men do a better job of filtering than women, and that's not just my opinion. On the other hand, sometimes they filter too much and miss things.

Fewer.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:12 AM

862 posts, read 975,776 times
I drive most of the time, only time she drives if I had a beer.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:21 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Oh dear God, don't quote it. I was afraid my brain would hemorrhage the first time.

Swan dive...

Men are being wussified and neutered by culture. - That's been going on forever.

Men have a better sense of navigation then women - Some of them do, and when they don't know where they're going, they clam up and keep driving...like in the movie Vacation.

they are more aggressive, quick acting, more aware of their surroundings, able to tune out distractions - A lot of this depends on the individual, though I believe that men are usually more aggressive. I'll give them quick acting in certain situations, but not in others. They are not necessarily more aware of their surroundings. People who are vulnerable are very aware of their surroundings. Men do a better job of filtering than women, and that's not just my opinion. On the other hand, sometimes they filter too much and miss things.

Fewer.
Thank you. Especially for "fewer".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey