Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 02:02 PM

4 posts, read 12,561 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My scheduled road test is tomorrow and I'll be taking it at the Lodi DMV.

I'm not too worried about the test itself, but I'm a bit confused about what to do when I get there. I'd appreciate it if anyone who's taken the test there can recount their experiences, namely:

1. Do I have to go into the agency and talk to someone before taking the test, or do I just drive up to the closed-course gate and wait in the car? Will someone call my name or something when they're ready to test me?

2. If a parent is driving me to Lodi, should I already be in the driver's seat when the examiner arrives?

3. When are my 6 points of ID checked? When the examiner is in the seat next to me?

4. Can I move the car even without someone sitting next to me? I've heard stories where the examiner is outside the car, tells the person to drive up to the starting gate, and then fail them for driving without supervision before the test even starts...

5. After the test, if I pass, can I take the certificate (or whatever paper the examiner gives me) and get my license done in the agency immediately after?

6. If I fail, who would I talk to to schedule the next road test?

7. How early should I get there before the test? (Will there be a long line at the closed-course gate?) My test begins at 9:30.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 02:55 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
You should check with your parents, presumably they've been to this DMV location before and might have a good idea about the procedure.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 12,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
You should check with your parents, presumably they've been to this DMV location before and might have a good idea about the procedure.
They don't, unfortunately. (Well, not completely true - My mother has been to the DMV location before for a road test... but that was well over 30 years ago when the closed-course track didn't even exist! :P)

Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
Well, since it's 5:00 the night before, you'll just have to find out your own answers tomorrow. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, you are not the first driver they've ever seen there, I'm sure there's some kind of signage or way to let you know what to do.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: