Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times

Advertisements

A friend invited me to a concert at the BB&T Pavilion in Camden but she doesn't live near me in South Amboy so we will meet there. I'm not thrilled with the idea of driving there myself, especially at night. Does anyone know of a train that would take me right there or very close? I went on NJ Transit site to search but not finding help.

Thanks for any (safe) ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 07:39 PM

882 posts, read 1,669,907 times
You can take an NJ transit train to Trenton and transfer to the River Line which goes past the Camden Waterfront. Riverline is cheap but slow. Also, it stops running at 9 on weekdays and 12 on weekends, so that might not be an option depending on when your concert ends. I think there is a bus that runs on the same rout late night.

Driving to your venue shouldn't be particularly unsafe. Once you get off of the turnpike, you can take Rt. 38 almost straight into downtown Camden. The area by Rutgers is pretty secure, and the police should be out in force for a concert.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
The River Line has the closest stop. It's right across the street from the venue. PATCO is blocks away.

https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0343.pdf

Old 05-23-2016, 08:55 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,616 times
Seriously, drive. Taking the train is so inconvenient. You have to take it north to get further away from Camden so that you can transfer to get to Trenton to then transfer again on the RiverLine, which as was also mentioned, does not run 24 hours a day.

If you have a GPS to prevent you from making the "wrong turn" and ending up in the ghetto, driving is fine to get to the concert area. The parking lots are secure.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:58 PM

If the parking lots aren't full. It's happened to me. My friend and I were directed to a parking garage about four blocks off the waterfront. Fortunately, a few other people were going in the same direction at the same time. There were no police over there, either. It didn't bother us on the way in, but I wasn't happy about it after the concert.

Don't take the train the entire way. It does take too long. Pennsauken Transfer Station? I'm not sure what that looks like at night, though.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,616 times
Again, I think a bigger problem is the fact that the RiverLine does not run 24/7. I don't know when the concert ends, but I wouldn't rely on the RiverLine at all in this case. The better option might be to drive to a PATCO station like Collingswood, take that to City Hall/Broadway, and Uber it from there to the concert venue.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:23 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,299,392 times
If you want to take transit and not use a car at all, it will be a long, painful journey. From South Amboy you would have to take a North Jersey Coast Line train to Rahway, then wait... wait... wait... for a Northeast Corridor Line train to Trenton. At Trenton you would wait... wait... wait... for a River Line train. You could save one of these transfers by driving from South Amboy to Metropark or another station on the Northeast Corridor Line.
And then coming back, as others have mentioned, the River Line doesn't run late.

If the concert ends late, I think the suggestion to drive to a PATCO station and just use PATCO to get the last few miles into Camden is ok. PATCO runs 24/7, but you may have to wait awhile late at night. Or you may as well just drive right to Camden at that point.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
Ok, thanks everyone.

Looks like driving is the way to go.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Again, I think a bigger problem is the fact that the RiverLine does not run 24/7. I don't know when the concert ends, but I wouldn't rely on the RiverLine at all in this case. The better option might be to drive to a PATCO station like Collingswood, take that to City Hall/Broadway, and Uber it from there to the concert venue.
Good idea. While I don't know about Collingswood, Westmont has quite a bit of PATCO parking. I've used it when a lot for a restaurant was full.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Good idea. While I don't know about Collingswood, Westmont has quite a bit of PATCO parking. I've used it when a lot for a restaurant was full.
I typed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey