U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-15-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
Default Moving to NJ

Hi all,

We are moving to NJ by start of next month.My husband is going to work in New York city and my job is in Roseland,NJ.What would be the best center place to rent an apartment.How safe is Newark to rent an apartment?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 5,821,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghar06 View Post
Hi all,

We are moving to NJ by start of next month.My husband is going to work in New York city and my job is in Roseland,NJ.What would be the best center place to rent an apartment.How safe is Newark to rent an apartment?

Thanks.
For the most part, Newark is very unsafe. What is your rental budget? I'm sure we can suggest a better town than Newark.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM

946 posts, read 1,457,756 times
Newark is dicey gotta be careful where you go!

Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 PM

326 posts, read 810,213 times
Newark is not a very safe place at all. There are many towns that would work for your commute that are better places to live.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,708 times
Default living in newark

i live in a great section of newark called forest hill. there are not too many apartment buildings here. 555 mt prospect street is a good one. you might try maplewood or south orange. jersey city is also an option if you rent on or near the river. a great alternative is montclair, but you need to make certain you are on the north siden of bloomfield ave.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 PM

317 posts, read 809,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artistjan464 View Post
i live in a great section of newark called forest hill. there are not too many apartment buildings here. 555 mt prospect street is a good one. you might try maplewood or south orange. jersey city is also an option if you rent on or near the river. a great alternative is montclair, but you need to make certain you are on the north siden of bloomfield ave.
North bergen is nice and near the ferry

Old 02-16-2008, 01:00 AM
EB2

1,930 posts, read 3,657,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Newark is dicey gotta be careful where you go!
At least the murder rate went down .

To the OP:

I wouldn't suggest Newark. It might be cheaper, but that usually has a reason behind it.

Try looking at rent.com, apartments.com, etc.

or, in a search engine, type in a city/town and put "AND" in the field, followed by aparments or rental.

(ex. hoboken AND apartments).

It should help narrow your searches.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey