Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 06:30 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
In case anyone is wondering why the OP hasn't posted any recent comments, let us just say that...he won't be returning.

Damn, I always wonder about what someone posted to get banned here. He was posting like crazy in the Jacksonville Florida forum and it was somewhat interesting. 1) He was asking about how the homeless shelters were in Jax Florida and 2) he had another thread about settling an outstanding reckless driving ticket from years ago (not to mention the "driving without insurance ticket in NJ")... Poor guy's a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 06:48 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Jon Bon Jovi has always struck me as a decent standup guy. He has done a lot of great charity work and always seemed to keep his ego in check and not get caught up in all of the cliche rock star bull****, proving to be a hard worker along the way and never making an ass out of himself. That said, I can probably name the songs I like by Bon Jovi on one hand. Sometimes, I get sick of seeing how he is treated like a God here in New Jersey. Yeah, he's from the state...so what? But I feel like there are also a lot of people out there who are just like..."YEAH, BON JOVI ROCKS...JERSEY BABY!!!"

All of those things I just said also apply to Bruce Springsteen. Great guy, the vast majority of his music is not to my taste, and I think it's silly how he is treated as royalty by plenty of New Jerseyans.

Also, I would be a very happy man if I never had to hear "Livin' on a Prayer" at a wedding ever again. And it's not just in Jersey. It's everywhere. That goes double for "Don't Stop Believing."

Old 07-14-2016, 08:39 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Damn, I always wonder about what someone posted to get banned here. He was posting like crazy in the Jacksonville Florida forum and it was somewhat interesting. 1) He was asking about how the homeless shelters were in Jax Florida and 2) he had another thread about settling an outstanding reckless driving ticket from years ago (not to mention the "driving without insurance ticket in NJ")... Poor guy's a mess.
You want to get banned, a) Keep calling people names with words that get asterisked out, and b) send them DMs calling them words that get asterisked out.

I don't care what people call me on the forum. I can ignore you--but the mod might not. When you send me a nasty cursing DM, however, I WILL report you.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
ive gotten 21 infractions but i havent been banned. usually there is some kind of suspension period with them, like 2 days to a week.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:10 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ive gotten 21 infractions but i havent been banned. usually there is some kind of suspension period with them, like 2 days to a week.
I got a month off once for using naughty words on Religion & Spirituality. I was a repeat offender.

Foul-mothed Christian.

Hey, I'm Episcopalian, we're going to Hell. We curse and we drink and we marry and ordain gay people, too

Old 07-14-2016, 12:17 PM

585 posts, read 492,748 times
Doesn't he have the power to turn back time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey