Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:03 PM

13 posts, read 24,446 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.

We moved from Bergen County (Rutherford) to Warren County (Phillipsburg/Lopatcong) last July. Our son already graduated P.Burg hs last month. Hubby and I are honestly looking for people our own age group to hang out with. We live close to the firehouse in case anyone reads this and lives in the area. The area is really good, nice everything we ever wanted, but the neighbor's are honestly in their 60's mostly. My neighbor next door we get along with great, but he has his own life with his wife and 16 year old son.

My hubby are into hiking (when I can), table top board games (adventure, D&D type, strategy), and just to chill. I know there is Easton and farther into Bethlehem there is STACKS entertainment place. But we are looking for people local to hang with. Our age range is ideal, (me 39) and (hubby 40). Our son made friends without any issues and he has ADHD. He adjusted really well, but the job search for him is a little hit or miss.

My question and to be just forward about it, we are looking for people our own age to hang with. I had lots of friend's in Bergen County that I still keep in contact with on Facebook. But because I live an hour away it is like are refusing to visit or just cant or give me excuses even though the message me telling me they miss me. I often wonder.

I have back issues and am getting surgery next month ALIF(back fusion). I've tried numerous times to invite my close nit of friends to visit and hang, but they never want to visit or give me a reason they can't.

We just are looking for people that have stuff in common with us and just to chill and hang with.

Any suggestions of where to meet people our age me 39 hubby 40. Hubby is also a teacher in Orange and travel's through the school area. We are getting a little bored going to parks and malls. We would like to converse with actual people..friends.

Being new almost a year tomorrow, it is hard. We are very chill, relaxed people and I am the outgoing one of my hubby and I. I'm not looking to spend spend money, just to meet people locally. If anyone reads this post, and feel they wanna hang, please feel free. It seems like I'm begging for friends but the truth is we do get bored and wish people our age were around to chill with.

Please feel free to give me advice or if anyone, is how can say this without sounding blunt. Sane and nice and overall our age and wants to hang, please feel free.

Sorry to sound like I'm begging but we need people our age to hang with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 02:20 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,923 times
I'd suggest meetup as a good place to start: Meetups near Phillipsburg, New Jersey - Meetup

It can be difficult in a new place where things are a little smaller, but I've found getting involved in organizations like this to be a good start. Also check local board game shops and see if they have a board game night.
Games Meetups in Phillipsburg - Meetup

Old 07-15-2016, 09:37 PM

13 posts, read 24,446 times
Thanks jaymoney . Appreciate it.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:17 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I agree with meetup. I moved alone from Bergen to Monmouth and my niece, who had moved to another state, told me about it. I found a writers group, which was my interest, but you should not have a problem finding people who play games. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine in her early fifties, her husband, and their adult daughter go to gaming conventions in NJ a couple of times a year. I thought she was referring to video games, but she said no, it's table-top games. They are out there. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey