Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:31 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,576,589 times

Advertisements

I would say Chester or even Hackettstown - both have that old time town feel to them. My other choice, but it's very small - would be Hope, NJ. Friday the 13th part one was filmed there. Nice old stone building - upgraded....paver crosswalks - it's a dorable! I just wish it was a little bigger..sneeze and you'll drive right by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 AM

9,360 posts, read 20,735,054 times
The small towns along the Delaware Valley have always held the most allure for me, amongst them Stockton, Frenchtown and Lambertville.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM

15 posts, read 40,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyhugs View Post
Ridgewood is definitely a contender....
agreed.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:30 AM

316 posts, read 1,247,519 times
OK I Think Chatham is the best for the north part of the state.
Colonia is the best part of the heart in the state.
For the ocean part of the state Little Egg Harbor.
These towns are friendly towns and all different and something special about them.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,115 times
Default Americana in Jersey?

First you need to move out of New Jersey.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:20 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,657,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moswald1 View Post
First you need to move out of New Jersey.
So that I can better understand how fantastic New Jersey is by comparison to any other state?

I already know how great NJ is.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM

718 posts, read 2,322,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Moorestown, #1 town in USA.
Moorestown is absolutely gorgeous (the Main St half of it at least), but you need to wake up and get that #1 ranking outta your head. That place is so conservative and there are too many McMansion neighborhoods. The funny part is much of your town is stuck up monetarily with their $300k something average house price, yet they have no idea what real wealth is (see Short Hills, Alpine, Greenwich, Marin, and Newport Beach).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Definitely Haddonfield, NJ.
Hahaha. Another aesthetically nice town, but too whitebread conservative. I find the people to be quite bland. Charming includes the people that live there, and this is not a diverse place. You're right, you do live in Fantasyland...its pretty far from reality.

The town that would blow the two of these away if it wasnt such a rathole is Burlington City. Clean that place up and you have real gem. Of course most South Jerseyans are too racist to actually take a trip there.

The most charming town in South Jersey is Cape May. Central Jersey...Princeton, Westfield, and the shore towns Spring Lake, Sea Girt, Bay Head, Belmar (when its quiet). North Jersey - Ridgewood, Morristown, Montclair.

Last edited by DITC; 02-20-2008 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,657,621 times
Ah. So it is wrong now to be white in a white town.

Perhaps the governor should divide up the population of the state by race, perhaps further classifying by religion, and have a proclamation that all people in the state are only allowed to relocate to a town if it will serve to appropriately diversify a town.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:52 PM

9,360 posts, read 20,735,054 times

Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM

718 posts, read 2,322,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Ah. So it is wrong now to be white in a white town.

Perhaps the governor should divide up the population of the state by race, perhaps further classifying by religion, and have a proclamation that all people in the state are only allowed to relocate to a town if it will serve to appropriately diversify a town.

Dont go to extremes, Im not saying charming should be Elizabeth or Jersey City. Im just saying these two towns are wealthy, homogenous WASPY type towns. I guess theyre charming in a fantasy world, but a bit far from reality in my opinion. I get bad vibes just because I do not have the Philadelphia/S. Jersey accent and there is this strong anti-NY/North Jersey vibe down there (The vice versa does not happen in North Jersey). Many (not all) people in the wealthier pockets of south jersey are extremely conservative closet racists (Trust me I know) and are mostly indifferent to people living in poverty only 10 mins away. If I want a homogenous town, I'll go back to the old neighborhood where there is still real charm left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey