U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM

3,273 posts, read 7,186,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
I used to sprinkle cayenne pepper on the brown spots of our lawn near the sidewalk and it worked very well. That's assuming you don't mind orange spots on your lawn. Just remember to reapply after rain. Habanero powder is also an option, but more expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QUBY52...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Why? Wouldn't the dog just move over a little bit and pee where there is no pepper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:49 PM

1,855 posts, read 1,663,453 times
the only reason i don't have a dog is because they poop. otherwise, i would get a shetland sheepdog.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:44 PM

13,008 posts, read 10,680,700 times
I have three shelties. They have been trained not to pee on other people's lawns. They also only poop in an area we made in our yard for them. It is to the point where my younger dog runs to the back of our yard after a walk to do what he needs to do. We only go about a 1/4 mile near houses to get to the local bike path where they can pee their little hearts out but one of my neighbors freaks out about my dogs even walking on "her" lawn. I say hers because there is no sidewalk. Side walk in front of the other houses, just not hers. Very weird. But she tells me she expects me to walk in the street with them and gets mad when I refuse. Another neighbor warned me she was putting out poisoned balls of white bread to keep dogs off "her" lawn. Some people are nuts.

Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 19 times
I think most people understand they need to "Curb" their dog which entails keeping it on a lease, cleaning up, and walking near the curb. I do this on a consistent basis but sometimes dogs meander on a portion of people's front lawn.

It's not on purpose, but sometimes it very hard to stop your dog from urinating on another person's lawn. People get so defensive about dogs being on their property and some people are are making nasty comments to me when I walk my small dog in Ventnor, NJ.

The people in Ventnor, NJ are very nasty about dogs on their property--as I was told my dog must stay on the curb. If you don't want anyone near/on your front lawn property, then don't buy a house on the corner of a busy street! Live in a more rural or densely populated area!

Old Today, 06:03 PM

415 posts, read 187,253 times
We keep our dog on the curb side on the grass (off the lawn connected to someone's home) and we sometimes get yelled at by irate neighbors. If we go into a neighborhood without sidewalks and our dog needs to go we try to keep her as close to the street as possible and of course clean up the mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey