Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 AM

201 posts, read 441,206 times

Advertisements

I'm a resident of Far Hills and am so surprised to how much woman have changed in time. Don't get me wrong there are alot of great woman out there but what ever happened to the old fashioned, traditional woman. Have we turned to on line mating service. Need your help!!! Are we going in the wrong direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 08:01 AM

230 posts, read 666,557 times
I ask the same question but in reverse. I am a single woman living in the next town over, and have been divorced for 9yrs. I thought by moving back to the northeast I would find a traditional, fun, young at heart, intelligent, and confident man...no such luck yet. Most of my friends have reverted to the on line dating sites and I have looked at them while under their passcodes, but it just seemed to unnatural for me. I found dating men in Florida to be alot different than dating in NJ...some good...some bad. Please do not loose hope...she's out there..I want to be with someone out of desire..not need and will not just settle...nor should you. Good luck finding Ms. Right...she might just be in the town next door. LOL

Old 02-24-2008, 08:01 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
"Down to earth" women in Far Hills? You're kidding, right? The place is full of trust-fund babies, Volvo-driving soccer moms and Ivana Trump wannabees- your problem is that you're swimming in the wrong pool......

Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 AM

I agree Bob to some degree. It's just harder sometimes to find a person's heart through the Gucci and Prada clothing. Sometimes it's not fair to judge a book by the cover...but sometimes their really is no substance ....just an artifical outer shell. On the serious side, the obvious and deeper issue here goes back to the feminist movement. Now that most women do not "need" a man for financial reasons the game has changed. Some men are very attracted to independant, and strong women...while other men like a more "needy" women...sometimes making them feel more important and do I say..."more Manly". The important thing is there really is not right or wrong. You just have to know who you really are and what type of person works best with your own personality, morals/values, and desires. You need to be real with yourself and if you prefer for example a traditional women(how ever you yourself define down-to-earth) that it's okay. It's better to know what you like...as there are still those who do not. Afterall, life would be pretty boring if we were all alike...knowing and "finding" what you like is the real big problem.

Last edited by BaskingRidgeMom; 02-24-2008 at 08:30 AM..

Old 02-24-2008, 08:20 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Hey, maybe Farhills Dad and BaskingRidgeMom should get together.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 AM

Who knew that city-data was now a dating site...LOL Thanks MPBsr...how much do I owe you? LOL However, I am a traditional woman and prefer the man to make the first move. LOL

Old 02-24-2008, 08:40 AM

201 posts, read 441,206 times
Thanks all for your responce. But through all the issues that plaque this God forsaken state i seem to be leaning towards getting out of here and starting fresh someplace else. Jersey has some great places and people but to me change of people and state sounds pretty good.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Far Hills Dad? Baskingridge Mom????? Hello!!!! Talk about Prada, Gucci, etc. villes! Money, meet money : )) I'm sure you'll both have alot in common..actually, I think it's cute and I hope you two do hook-up - hate to hear that anyone is trying to make it in this world alone ; (

Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Thanks Wileynj! It is a bit more difficult being single as I much prefer to share the whole life expereince with someone however I much rather be by myself than to settle. Life is just to darn short to be unhappy and no one on their death bed ever wishes they had made more money...just wished they enjoyed their lives more and loved more. I always knew this but unfortunately learned this first handed when my father was dying. He said to me"I always thought after all these years of working so hard that I would be able to enjoy my retirement years". I think that truely put the rest of my life in even greater perspective.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingRidgeMom View Post
Thanks Wileynj! It is a bit more difficult being single as I much prefer to share the whole life expereince with someone however I much rather be by myself than to settle. Life is just to darn short to be unhappy and no one on their death bed ever wishes they had made more money...just wished they enjoyed their lives more and loved more. I always knew this but unfortunately learned this first handed when my father was dying. He said to me"I always thought after all these years of working so hard that I would be able to enjoy my retirement years". I think that truely put the rest of my life in even greater perspective.
solitude is preferable to bad company.
the piercing words of your father are being experienced on a very large scale.
too many people have failed to live up to their obligations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey