Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 02:45 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Maybe we need some Bob Marley.
I always need Bob Marley!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 02:56 PM

200 posts, read 155,606 times
lol @ these hippies morally signalling that others need to cough up money or they are evil. people have their own families to take care of (would be much easier without high taxes!)

Sect. 8 is bad because most sect 8 tenents are bad. People pay big $$$ to live in good neighborhoods, why should they have deal with high crime when sect 8 residents move in?

Old 12-18-2016, 03:12 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanJ View Post
lol @ these hippies morally signalling that others need to cough up money or they are evil. people have their own families to take care of (would be much easier without high taxes!)
I didn't read anything remotely close to that here. Looks like you're just feeding your need to argue even if there's no one to argue with.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:28 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How about the babies born in wedlock whose parents are in need. Do you consider them human?

So incredibly quick to judge! It's like you know the OPs entire life history based on a one-line post!

Truly amazing.
No sob story was offered, and I don't really care what it is. You should not have babies until the money is in the bank. It is reprehensible and immoral to put yourself in a needy situation, then make demands and start the thieving of those around you. Dropping kids and filling out section 8 applications is not a proper way to live. And if you are married, you should wait to have kids until there is stability, a home, and a bank account. Otherwise, it is irresponsible, immoral, and reprehensible to INTENTIONALLY subject children to a needy and desperate situation that could have been avoided with proper planning and proper discipline. Dropping kids without adequate financial and lifestyle stability is child abuse.

So basically section 8 is a form of child abuse assistance. We make it easy to self-destruct, then we wonder why it happens.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Every shooter has between 10 to 20 supporting. The numbers are all over the place. It could be negative one or plus twenty. You don't know a damn thing about it.

I get that you come here to act up and act out, but your patter has become pretty tired. No one takes you seriously any more.

I am all for supporting COMBAT troops when they return. Even the support staff. If you are in actual physical harm's way, in the Middle East for example, then you have a legitimate claim. But some dude stationed in Kansas and does 6 years of what is basically a job, and is discharged and goes homeless? Sorry, that is no different than anyone else who mismanages their life. Ask for help from family or your church, don't look to take other people's stuff and make them pay for your house.

Interestingly, section 8 is a dishonorable discharge in the military. And section 8 is dishonorable housing in the civilian sector. Serendipitous?

Old 12-18-2016, 03:43 PM

I will now depart, having made my point: Section 8 is immoral and wrong, and should not exist. Providing housing, affordable or otherwise, is not a legitimate role of government, and should be stopped. There is no point repeating myself, and the return fire consisting of anemic personal attacks has not come close to being sufficiently entertaining to keep my attention. Merry Christmas! Next topic...

Old 12-18-2016, 04:47 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I will now depart, having made my point: Section 8 is immoral and wrong, and should not exist. Providing housing, affordable or otherwise, is not a legitimate role of government, and should be stopped. There is no point repeating myself, and the return fire consisting of anemic personal attacks has not come close to being sufficiently entertaining to keep my attention. Merry Christmas! Next topic...
lol. Every topic always ends in you bashing unions, poor people, and having children out of wedlock. You literally post paragraphs upon paragraph all to always say the same thing over and over. But yea... Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2016, 06:40 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...ump-to-license

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-19-2016, 04:47 AM

32,933 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am all for supporting COMBAT troops when they return. Even the support staff. If you are in actual physical harm's way, in the Middle East for example, then you have a legitimate claim. But some dude stationed in Kansas and does 6 years of what is basically a job, and is discharged and goes homeless? Sorry, that is no different than anyone else who mismanages their life. Ask for help from family or your church, don't look to take other people's stuff and make them pay for your house.

Interestingly, section 8 is a dishonorable discharge in the military. And section 8 is dishonorable housing in the civilian sector. Serendipitous?
The military no longer has a section 8.

You still don't know your a@@ from a hole in the ground regarding military service. That guy in Kansas...or North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida could be on 48 hour lockdown listening to people die on the left ear of his headphones and the right ear hears, "I think this communications patch will work." It doesn't. How about that for a little PTSD?

Some abuse the system and others legitimately need the help. It's not my call. I know of a couple disabled people and a mom of two who have used that service. The one guy with ALS lived in section 8 housing until he had to be warehoused. There's not much he could do about it. Mom eventually got a decent job and could afford market rate. She was counting pennies, but she could make due.

Not everyone wants to be labeled a slacker. No child should be homeless or hungry.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
You have to be Poor or filthy rich to make it in America. The middle class gets squeezed all the time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: