Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TRENTON, N.J. - For New Jersey drivers, the message is clear: Keep your thumbs on the wheel and off the keypad.
IMO, just another reason for the cops to pull you over and check out the driver, passengers and contents of your vehicle. I'm not faulting the law just the underlying motives, profiling and vehicle inspection. My take is just another tool to catch the bad guys.

No text messages or calls for NJ drivers - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 06:29 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
IMO, just another reason for the cops to pull you over and check out the driver, passengers and contents of your vehicle. I'm not faulting the law just the underlying motives, profiling and vehicle inspection. My take is just another tool to catch the bad guys.

No text messages or calls for NJ drivers - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Yea thats it. I have nothing else to do than pull over the idiots that have their cell phones glued to their heads. Checking you out watch it.LOL

Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Yea thats it. I have nothing else to do than pull over the idiots that have their cell phones glued to their heads. Checking you out watch it.LOL
Presuming that you're a law enforcement officer, you have to admit that this new cell phone law is a great tool to pull over a vehicle, especially in Jersey, run the plate and check out the passengers and vehicle for DWI, drugs and other assorted illegal activities. This is a gift horse for law enforcement. No. I don't use my cell phone while driving, we have enough cell-morons in PA (mostly women drivers ) and I won't be visiting Jersey anytime in the near future.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:51 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Presuming that you're a law enforcement officer, you have to admit that this new cell phone law is a great tool to pull over a vehicle, especially in Jersey, run the plate and check out the passengers and vehicle for DWI, drugs and other assorted illegal activities. This is a gift horse for law enforcement. No. I don't use my cell phone while driving, we have enough cell-morons in PA (mostly women drivers ) and I won't be visiting Jersey anytime in the near future.
so you started this thread because........

Old 03-01-2008, 07:05 AM

201 posts, read 441,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Assuming his thread was for the right reason, i do understand his complaint. Having a brother who is a state trooper he does see alot of cell phone glued to people's ear with great distraction. Be that as it may other issues need to be addressed. I for one do use hands free and find it easier. But to say it's a reason to pull you over i don't think so. It's called probable cause..... it alway's works.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
Quote:
tahiti
Because just about every Jersey driver I see in PA has a cellphone permanently attached to his/her head. It's like bumper cars in a parking lot.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
The state legislators made the law not the cops. I could have pulled you over before this NEW state law came into effect. It is called careless driving, if I deemed you to be careless with your driving when you had the cell phone glued to your ear that was enuf of probable cause to pull you over and issue you a ticket. It's no conspiracy theory by the police JUST TO GET YOU. Give me a break.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:00 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhills Dad View Post
Assuming his thread was for the right reason, i do understand his complaint. Having a brother who is a state trooper he does see alot of cell phone glued to people's ear with great distraction. Be that as it may other issues need to be addressed. I for one do use hands free and find it easier. But to say it's a reason to pull you over i don't think so. It's called probable cause..... it alway's works.

yes, but he should've read this forum before posting, as this topic was brought up very recently. it's obvious he doesn't read this board, and saw an oppy to complain about a place he doesn't even live in OR, by his own admission, visit. very trollish.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Angry I agree Tahiti

Quote:
yes, but he should've read this forum before posting, as this topic was brought up very recently. it's obvious he doesn't read this board, and saw an oppy to complain about a place he doesn't even live in. very trollish.
and lets not let that snide comment bashing women go untouched: Quote "we have enough cell-morons in PA (mostly women drivers ) and I won't be visiting Jersey anytime in the near future. "

very trollish indeed.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 AM

201 posts, read 441,337 times
Quote:
yes, but he should've read this forum before posting, as this topic was brought up very recently. it's obvious he doesn't read this board, and saw an oppy to complain about a place he doesn't even live in. very trollish.
Yes, i found that kind of strange. For someone that doesn't live here and drive in jersey as much as we do i thought it was odd. Maybe we should challange the P.A. rules of their roads. As far as his intent to direct his falls statements toward police intent(Jersey Man) we have your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey