Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,351,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...and, the males may actually become aggressive!
They will respect your Super Soaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 09:48 AM

78 posts, read 83,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like a real crappy situation. How do you plan on enforcing the aforementioned $250 poop fine?
They trespassed onto my property and littered... I don't see why a court would not side with me? I'll probably also request the court filing fee along with my judgment.
If that doesn't work, I have much crueler way to go about it, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:20 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Best of luck in fighting this town wide menace.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:30 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...and, the males may actually become aggressive!
I used to shoot deer with my illegal BB gun and they would laugh at me. The next day they would come back with a friend so both could laugh.
Those NJ deer got some attitude.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,400,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
They trespassed onto my property and littered... I don't see why a court would not side with me? I'll probably also request the court filing fee along with my judgment.
If that doesn't work, I have much crueler way to go about it, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
If you set up a camera, you can file a complaint against them with the police and the offenders will have to pay a fine to the town if caught/issued. But you can't enforce your own $250 fine.

If you sue in civil court, the most you're entitled to are actual damages, which in this case would only be a couple dollars per occurrence tops. Maybe court fees if the judge is feeling generous, but you won't make any money and you'll lose untold hours of your life.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:04 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,145,323 times
I don't think this is just a Cranford problem. I have seen similar issues in my town also. There seems to be an increase of dog poop all over that is not picked up, or only partially picked up. And I have also seen a lot of poop bags thrown in the gutter or on the curb. Do people think they can just drop these bags in front of whatever house their dog happens to poop in front of, and let that homeowner pick it up???

Old 01-26-2017, 07:20 PM

78 posts, read 83,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I don't think this is just a Cranford problem. I have seen similar issues in my town also. There seems to be an increase of dog poop all over that is not picked up, or only partially picked up. And I have also seen a lot of poop bags thrown in the gutter or on the curb. Do people think they can just drop these bags in front of whatever house their dog happens to poop in front of, and let that homeowner pick it up???
I really wish I new what was going through people's minds when they do this. So not okay... I would never leave my dog's poo on someone's lawn.
Actually, I don't usually let my dog **** on people's lawns at all. Public places only.

Btw, deer poop looks very different from dog poo. Fox poo would be smaller, so would a cats. I lived in Jersey City for 3+ years, I know what domestic dog poo looks like.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:03 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
I really wish I new what was going through people's minds when they do this. So not okay... I would never leave my dog's poo on someone's lawn.
Actually, I don't usually let my dog **** on people's lawns at all. Public places only.

Btw, deer poop looks very different from dog poo. Fox poo would be smaller, so would a cats. I lived in Jersey City for 3+ years, I know what domestic dog poo looks like.
Do you live on a busy street or near a park?

Old 01-27-2017, 10:47 AM

343 posts, read 229,649 times
Hmm I'm not going to eat the poo. I just wanted to throw it out there that it could be raccoon poop. Cats usually cover their leavings- they do it in mulch or plant beds but not so frequently on lawns. It could be dogs too. I had a problem with this and it turned out to be a beagle that kept breaking out from someone's yard. Raccoons might also be the problem though. Just google Raccoon latrine and pray or rub your crystal skull or whatever that this is not the problem you have.

No way deer poo looks anything like dog poo. Even bears would be a more likely candidate.
Also no one should be eating poo obviously.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:13 PM

334 posts, read 731,725 times
Sometimes deer poop clumps and it can look like dog poo. I know...I literally have a small herd that passes through my backyard almost every day.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey