Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:43 PM

45 posts, read 46,204 times

Advertisements

We are from New Jersey and we wanted to move back there. We were reading reviews of hotels and we can't find a hotel to stay at because the hotels are so freaking dirty. We've been to other states with cheaper hotels that are in much cleaner condition. My question is why do people from New Jersey make their hotels unlivable by peeing on carpets, staining the walls, and the other things we've read about on yelp and other review sites. I don't want to diss my home state, but you need to take better care of your hotels.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:39 AM

860 posts, read 966,982 times
you must be staying at "fleabag" motels, regular hotels are the same as everywhere else.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:30 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,929,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearinvermont View Post
We are from New Jersey and we wanted to move back there. We were reading reviews of hotels and we can't find a hotel to stay at because the hotels are so freaking dirty. We've been to other states with cheaper hotels that are in much cleaner condition. My question is why do people from New Jersey make their hotels unlivable by peeing on carpets, staining the walls, and the other things we've read about on yelp and other review sites. I don't want to diss my home state, but you need to take better care of your hotels.
1. Why do you think people FROM NJ are the ones staying in NJ hotels?

2. You must not be looking at decent hotels or decent areas. There are plenty of hotels in NJ that are modest but clean and nice, to very expensive and higher end.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:54 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,848,278 times
I don't stay in hotels in NJ, I live here. Can I assume that you stay in hotels around your home often?

You might want to dis the other 49 states who have people coming here and ruining our hotels.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:59 PM

19,064 posts, read 25,209,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
I don't stay in hotels in NJ, I live here. Can I assume that you stay in hotels around your home often?
You might want to dis the other 49 states who have people coming here and ruining our hotels.
Additionally, because I once had the misfortune to stay overnight in an absolutely filthy motel in Washington state, ALL hotels and motels in that state must be filthy, and that filth must surely be from the folks who live in that state.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:22 PM

I see a lot of deflecting going on here. First of all, I love New Jersey. It is my home state. At least you have deciduous trees unlike some states whose names I'm not going to mention here. In fact, New Jersey is one of my top ten favorite states (New York, New Jersey, California, Maine, Minnesota, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas). We have done a lot of research into motels and it's not like some or most motels are dirty, all of the cheaper motels are dirty and many of the mid level motels are dirty as well. For example, while we could assume there is a good chance that a cheap independent motel may or may not be dirty, in most states you will find some cheap independent motels that are dirty and some that are clean. Also you can also expect most mid level motels like Rodeway Inn and America's Best Value Inn to generally be clean. In New Jersey they are also dirty. Saying that these are motels and the people who stay in them are not from New Jersey is not plausible unless you can bring evidence of people from say Pennsylvania migrating into New Jersey. I think that instead of deflecting, people from New Jersey should talk to the other people in New Jersey and tell them to stop trashing the motels. I lived in New Jersey and people were really nice and clean so I'm not sure what is going on there. I am just alerting people to the situation. Perhaps there is just one guy (maybe from Ohio or something) that is going from motel to motel and peeing on the carpets there and ruining it for everyone. I've spent several hours researching all the motels all around New Jersey, so perhaps I'm the only one to catch on to this guy who is methodically ruining all of your motels, so it is kind of my duty to let you know what I've found based on my research.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM

19,064 posts, read 25,209,175 times
Quote:
Also you can also expect most mid level motels like Rodeway Inn and America's Best Value Inn to generally be clean.
From what I have observed over the years, America's Best Value Inns are essentially "hot pillow joints" for those who are interested only in shacking-up for a few hours in a very cheap room. Why would you expect that these places would be clean?

Old 01-24-2017, 01:33 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,651,357 times
You can usually score a room at the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel for right around $100. The place is beautiful.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:41 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,848,278 times
Quote:
so it is kind of my duty to let you know what I've found based on my research.
Please see a lot of words here and me letting you know "thank you for your service, consider your duties complete."

We'll put our top men right on it.

Top. Men.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM

We did stay in a motel in Parsippany that was really nice and clean but it was also kind of expensive, but not that expensive. Thanks, JayMoney for looking into this for me, if there is someone who is methodically trashing the motels in New Jersey if you can put a stop to that, it would be easier for people (like me) to move or move back to my favorite state.

Maybe this post was unintentionally offensive so I apologize if it was. I am from New Jersey and it is one of my favorite states along with New York and Orange County (CA). I noticed New York also has an Orange County as well. I'm not a huge sports fan, but two of my favorite baseball team growing up are from New Jersey: The Rangers and the Penguins.

Thanks again for reading my thread and especially for JayMoney for looking into this concern for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey