Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdjanmax View Post
Well it appears that you are doing the same thing. So sad.
No, I don't join a forum just to bash a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:42 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I agree. Take a ride down route 206 sometime between Columbus and Hammonton. You would think you were driving through Alabama or Indiana.
It really does look like North Carolina, at least Eastern NC. They're both flat, sandy, and have plenty of pine trees. And an ocean.

When you drove down 206, did you stop at the Pic-A-Lilli?

Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,027,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The writer of the hit TV show, "This is Us" is from New Jersey
did you know that, and if so, isn't that awesome?
Do you know who else I just learned is? Paul Cohen, who proved the independence of the Continuum Hypothesis. From Long Branch.

Isn't that awesome?

Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
Do you know who else I just learned is? Paul Cohen, who proved the independence of the Continuum Hypothesis. From Long Branch.

Isn't that awesome?
Wow, thank you for the input....

Old 02-01-2017, 10:40 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srdjanmax View Post
Neither North nor South Jersey "have" NYC. Jersey is Jersey and NYC is NYC. Ask people from NYC who "have" NYC. Most of them don't think about NJ, don't care about NJ, don't know anything about NJ. Those of them who are "unlucky" to know something about NJ, they are glad they don't live there. It's the laughingstock of the USA. I live in NJ and I wish the things were different, but they're not. I worked in NYC for years and was tired of constantly arguing with people who would "sh**" on NJ as soon as they would hear where I was coming/going from/to.
I bet it's the same situation with Philly-NJ.
So stop with your petty arguments with North vs South Jersey. NYC doesn't care, USA doesn't care, and the world doesn't care. North and South Jersey, left and right armpits of America!
Shows you how little you know. There are lots and lots of NY'ers living and working in NJ. The ones that don't live in NJ, have family and friends in NJ. I am a native NY'er that have been living in NJ for a decade now. I have family and friends in NYC and NJ.

Likewise, I know of a few NJ natives that have moved to Brooklyn, LI, etc.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Shows you how little you know. There are lots and lots of NY'ers living and working in NJ. The ones that don't live in NJ, have family and friends in NJ. I am a native NY'er that have been living in NJ for a decade now. I have family and friends in NYC and NJ.

Likewise, I know of a few NJ natives that have moved to Brooklyn, LI, etc.
Also, they love our beaches, especially the Staten Islanders. Oh, and our malls.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:25 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,824,550 times
NC coast smokes NJ shore in every imaginable way. The beaches are longer, more empty, and more free. You can light a bonfire and chill with friends on the beach in NC. They cost nothing and cops don't check your cooler if you drink on the beach. No one cares. Live and let live.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
NC coast smokes NJ shore in every imaginable way. The beaches are longer, more empty, and more free. You can light a bonfire and chill with friends on the beach in NC. They cost nothing and cops don't check your cooler if you drink on the beach. No one cares. Live and let live.
Not in every area. I lived there for a little more than 10 years. Most of the beaches are packed during the summer, and many don't want fires. Maybe they allow them off season? I'm sure that isn't a problem in the the more remote areas.

I really liked the beaches of North Carolina because they reminded me of New Jersey. Really, they did.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I wasn't impressed with the OBX when I went, actually. The particular area I was in had beaches far less wide than most here, too.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:35 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
I not sure if mentioned but GRRM of Fire and Ice fame is from Bayonne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey