Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Funny.. I also mentioned the mountains which is further than NYC, I mentioned DC which is further than NYC, and if your favorite beach is Cape May even that can be further than NYC. You can get to NYC from South Jersey in 1.5 hours. I live in South Jersey, I drive over the GWB once a week. It takes me about 1hr 20 mins to walk through my door after I go over the bridge. So yea.. I consider that well within driving distance.. aka "close by"
AFTER you go over the bridge it's an hour and a half, and what time of day is this btw?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The writer of the hit TV show, "This is Us" is from New Jersey
did you know that, and if so, isn't that awesome?
A lot of holllywood employees are from NJ. It is no big deal.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:21 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Funny.. I also mentioned the mountains which is further than NYC, I mentioned DC which is further than NYC, and if your favorite beach is Cape May even that can be further than NYC. You can get to NYC from South Jersey in 1.5 hours. I live in South Jersey, I drive over the GWB once a week. It takes me about 1hr 20 mins to walk through my door after I go over the bridge. So yea.. I consider that well within driving distance.. aka "close by"
So in summation, you're not close to anything. You can keep your South Jersey.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:55 AM

123 posts, read 180,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
South Jersey has NYC? Interesting.
Neither North nor South Jersey "have" NYC. Jersey is Jersey and NYC is NYC. Ask people from NYC who "have" NYC. Most of them don't think about NJ, don't care about NJ, don't know anything about NJ. Those of them who are "unlucky" to know something about NJ, they are glad they don't live there. It's the laughingstock of the USA. I live in NJ and I wish the things were different, but they're not. I worked in NYC for years and was tired of constantly arguing with people who would "sh**" on NJ as soon as they would hear where I was coming/going from/to.
I bet it's the same situation with Philly-NJ.
So stop with your petty arguments with North vs South Jersey. NYC doesn't care, USA doesn't care, and the world doesn't care. North and South Jersey, left and right armpits of America!

Old 01-27-2017, 08:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
The point I was making, in all seriousness, is the fact that when you live in PA or in NJ you have access to so many artistic and cultural things, in both states, plus we're all so close to NYC, for shows, to Washington DC, for an entire weekend escape or vacation for site seeing and attending historical tours...I mean it's endless....and that is what I was referring to.

I don't like the intense Africa Hot steamy heat, nor do I like extreme cold, however, I love the changing of the seasons, especially spring and fall....and sometimes we luck out and our winters are not all that bad, but the advantages we have with the surrounding states, plus MD, and the great Northeast all the way up to Maine....and the Carolina's I mean you couldn't ask for more.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:51 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The point I was making, in all seriousness, is the fact that when you live in PA or in NJ you have access to so many artistic and cultural things, in both states, plus we're all so close to NYC, for shows, to Washington DC, for an entire weekend escape or vacation for site seeing and attending historical tours...I mean it's endless....and that is what I was referring to.

I don't like the intense Africa Hot steamy heat, nor do I like extreme cold, however, I love the changing of the seasons, especially spring and fall....and sometimes we luck out and our winters are not all that bad, but the advantages we have with the surrounding states, plus MD, and the great Northeast all the way up to Maine....and the Carolina's I mean you couldn't ask for more.
As a former NJ resident for my entire adult life I never hated NJ but I really didn't know anything except NJ.
I still don't hate NJ but NC is a much better place to retire to. We are halfway between NYC and Fla and we have better weather than both on an annual basis.
Fl used to be a two day drive trip back in the day and now it's just an one day drive just like my yearly trips back home to NJ.

After monthly trips to the city while living in NJ, NYC is something we no longer need ,Just like a weeks trip to Fla.

IMO NC is the best place for NJ residents to retire to. Don't come here to work for the cheap pay, come here to retire for the cheap taxes. (Compared to NJ)

Old 01-27-2017, 09:26 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srdjanmax View Post
Neither North nor South Jersey "have" NYC. Jersey is Jersey and NYC is NYC. Ask people from NYC who "have" NYC. Most of them don't think about NJ, don't care about NJ, don't know anything about NJ. Those of them who are "unlucky" to know something about NJ, they are glad they don't live there. It's the laughingstock of the USA. I live in NJ and I wish the things were different, but they're not. I worked in NYC for years and was tired of constantly arguing with people who would "sh**" on NJ as soon as they would hear where I was coming/going from/to.
So stop with your petty arguments with North vs South Jersey. NYC doesn't care, USA doesn't care, and the world doesn't care. North and South Jersey, left and right armpits of America!
Do you really honestly have nothing better to do? Honestly? How sad.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:36 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
As a former NJ resident for my entire adult life I never hated NJ but I really didn't know anything except NJ.
I still don't hate NJ but NC is a much better place to retire to. We are halfway between NYC and Fla and we have better weather than both on an annual basis.
Fl used to be a two day drive trip back in the day and now it's just an one day drive just like my yearly trips back home to NJ.

After monthly trips to the city while living in NJ, NYC is something we no longer need ,Just like a weeks trip to Fla.

IMO NC is the best place for NJ residents to retire to. Don't come here to work for the cheap pay, come here to retire for the cheap taxes. (Compared to NJ)
yes, as long as I've lived cannot believe how they tax NJ residents, it's criminal and NJ has always been like that, it's a wonder people don't rise up, just cannot believe how they rape people financially. Awful

Old 01-27-2017, 09:57 AM

123 posts, read 180,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Do you really honestly have nothing better to do? Honestly? How sad.
Well it appears that you are doing the same thing. So sad.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srdjanmax View Post

I never said either "have" NYC. But to list NYC as a perk of living in South Jersey while at the same time saying North Jersey has no redeeming qualities is a flat out dumb statement. Nobody moves to South Jersey to be "close" to NYC. Thousands of people, however, move to North Jersey to be close to NYC. A lot of those people also come directly from NYC despite your claims that everyone despises NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey