Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I not sure if mentioned but GRRM of Fire and Ice fame is from Bayonne.
And the Imp is from Mendham!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 07:45 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
NC coast smokes NJ shore in every imaginable way. The beaches are longer, more empty, and more free. You can light a bonfire and chill with friends on the beach in NC. They cost nothing and cops don't check your cooler if you drink on the beach. No one cares. Live and let live.
We pay for safety and up keep,and to take care of the beaches.That's the difference between NC and New Jersey beaches.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:30 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Not in every area. I lived there for a little more than 10 years. Most of the beaches are packed during the summer, and many don't want fires. Maybe they allow them off season? I'm sure that isn't a problem in the the more remote areas.

I really liked the beaches of North Carolina because they reminded me of New Jersey. Really, they did.
yes, but NC is cheaper than NJ...I know a lot of people go to NC due to the high cost of rentals and they get a much nicer bang for their buck in NC

what bothers me about NJ, are the high taxes, always, always, now they just imposed a tax on gas, and I bet you it will never be used for bridge and road repair.

NJ has always been corrupt. I remember, when Christy was first elected, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he started off really good, but then became corrupt with the rest of them.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
We pay for safety and up keep,and to take care of the beaches.That's the difference between NC and New Jersey beaches.
you don't think NC take care of their beaches? I'm just asking? Not trying to be contrary....

Yanno, years ago, when I was a kid, NJ didn't charge to go on the beach, and I remember when they started doing that...everyone was so angry...

also remember when gambling came in, boy was I upset.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Yikes, another thread that becomes a battle of Nj beaches vs. NC beaches?

Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Yikes, another thread that becomes a battle of Nj beaches vs. NC beaches?
I don't believe this is a battle? Anyone is allowed to give their thoughts and opinions...and I'm certainly will to accept that I could be wrong? I'm just vocalizing what I know up until now?

NJ beaches and NC beaches each in their own entity, certainly have both good and bad to offer...depends on what each individual likes or doesn't like?

When each of us writes down our opinions, doesn't mean we are arguing? We are sharing what we know.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe this is a battle? Anyone is allowed to give their thoughts and opinions...and I'm certainly will to accept that I could be wrong? I'm just vocalizing what I know up until now?

NJ beaches and NC beaches each in their own entity, certainly have both good and bad to offer...depends on what each individual likes or doesn't like?

When each of us writes down our opinions, doesn't mean we are arguing? We are sharing what we know.
I am mostly just amused at how far the topic has strayed from your original post. And certain themes seem to repeat as tangential topics.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I am mostly just amused at how far the topic has strayed from your original post. And certain themes seem to repeat as tangential topics.
yes, your right, it has, but in lieu of that, so be it....

what can I say but I am sorry.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:57 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
NC absolutely takes care of their beaches. I love it when people brag about things that NJ has that every other state also has and usually much better. Its like bragging that you stayed off death row. NJ peeps be like "Yeah, but we have roads and libraries and chit. Take that, California!"...

Boil down every answer a NJ'ite gives to its final conclusion and it will always be "but we are close to NYC".

Old 02-03-2017, 04:13 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
NC absolutely takes care of their beaches. I love it when people brag about things that NJ has that every other state also has and usually much better. Its like bragging that you stayed off death row. NJ peeps be like "Yeah, but we have roads and libraries and chit. Take that, California!"...

Boil down every answer a NJ'ite gives to its final conclusion and it will always be "but we are close to NYC".
Your bitterness is bizarre.

Someone starts what's supposed to be a nice, light thread, then you and others come in and ruin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey