U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 01:29 PM

4 posts, read 1,092 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I are interested in the Barclay Brook townhomes by Hallmark Homes in Old Bridge, NJ.

Can anyone shed light on their experience dealing with this builder at this particular site or dealing with Hallmark Homes in general? We are looking to get an idea on how negotiable the builder is with respect to upgrades.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 806 times
I also looked at the townhomes and are interested. But concerned about the affordable rental community in the background. Did you put in an offer on the homes

Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM

I did put an offer on the home, but the builder didn't accept (we were looking for free upgrades). when you say affordable rental community, are yuo talking about the apartments (woodhaven)?

Old 02-07-2017, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 806 times
Yes woodhaven commons. It's an affordable housing community. Did you ask your agent about it

Old 02-10-2017, 08:24 AM

I was aware that there were apartments behind the townhomes, but i dont think I'd say they are "affordable housing." 2 bedrooms still go for $2k a month. In any event, that wouldnt impact our decision to buy or not to buy. Do you have any other insight from your visit there or your discussions with your broker?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:34 PM

Anybody have any further insight?

Old Today, 12:36 PM

3 posts
I rent in woodhaven commons. I believe there are a few buildings that are "Affordable housing" - they are not as private as the other apartments and a few other different things. Overall the place is great. They are almost finished with the townhomes (then they will do single family homes) - we looked at the townhomes, they were tastefully finished but the qulity of build was not that impressive. Also overpriced but thats what you pay for new build.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey