Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhills Dad View Post
Hi Dvine,
Couldn't have agreed any more with you. I was very shocked to read the stats that where in this article in which alot of the, as they put it " the misguided kids" where from affluient area's primarily in the mid- west and the east coast. I can agree kids today are easily influenced by tv and video games. " Wanna be's" as they put it. I for one will do whatever it takes to prevent my two daughters from becoming part of that stat. I instill success and confidence in them. I push them to strive for nothing less than perfection.( Not to tough am i). But i'm concerned for them as woman and want them to know how to handle any situation that is presented to them.
On that note i have to run them to karate. No gangs for these two.
Hey Farhills Dad - I'm starting to think your threads are a ploy to figure out who all the single moms are ; )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM

201 posts, read 441,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hey Farhills Dad - I'm starting to think your threads are a ploy to figure out who all the single moms are ; )
A ploy, I don't think so. I'm very shocked wiley, i thought we got to know each other well. LOL. I actually enjoy reading and responding to these forum's. I'm....... should i say a traditional ( there's that word again) kinda guy. I'm the kinda guy, if i was in a public place and saw a girl that i was interested in,whether by herself or in a group i would approach her. But to say that i use a public forum as a dating site or pick out single moms. NOPE!
I try to post and respond to subjects that are real to all of us. I was very pleased to see all the positive feed back from this thread, it really bothered me when i read the article. Plus, remember God bestowed you with your humor for all of us.LOL

Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
A ploy, I don't think so. I'm very shocked wiley, i thought we got to know each other well. LOL. I actually enjoy reading and responding to these forum's. I'm....... should i say a traditional ( there's that word again) kinda guy. I'm the kinda guy, if i was in a public place and saw a girl that i was interested in,whether by herself or in a group i would approach her. But to say that i use a public forum as a dating site or pick out single moms. NOPE!
I try to post and respond to subjects that are real to all of us. I was very pleased to see all the positive feed back from this thread, it really bothered me when i read the article. Plus, remember God bestowed you with your humor for all of us.LOL
No? Ya sure now..lol : ))) Just busting on you dad - hell If I was single, I'd be in here hitting on other singles! : )))) This was a good thread by the way - brought out alot of opinions - every side regarding stay at home moms vs. working moms. To be honest, I have no children - 3 cats who are like my kids but no real children. I guess if presented with a choice, I would probably want to stay home but being able to pay for a place to sleep, food for the cupboards, shoes on their feet - I would have no choice but to go out and work - and like the others, do my best to provide my kids with quality time.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
No? Ya sure now..lol : ))) Just busting on you dad - hell If I was single, I'd be in here hitting on other singles! : )))) This was a good thread by the way - brought out alot of opinions - every side regarding stay at home moms vs. working moms. To be honest, I have no children - 3 cats who are like my kids but no real children. I guess if presented with a choice, I would probably want to stay home but being able to pay for a place to sleep, food for the cupboards, shoes on their feet - I would have no choice but to go out and work - and like the others, do my best to provide my kids with quality time.
Hey there valley girl. Glad i have a rerieve with you.LOL. Yes i thought this would be a good topic, it effects all of us in many ways. Like your golf jokes, pretty comical. To think, when there are no more tanks to inspect, you can be a stand up comedian. Be good!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM

230 posts, read 666,739 times
Quote:
Hey there valley girl. Glad i have a rerieve with you.LOL. Yes i thought this would be a good topic, it effects all of us in many ways. Like your golf jokes, pretty comical. To think, when there are no more tanks to inspect, you can be a stand up comedian. Be good!!!

Wiley, sounds like FarHillsDad would enjoy playing some golf with you.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingRidgeMom View Post
Wiley, sounds like FarHillsDad would enjoy playing some golf with you.
Thanks mom, trying to put me on the spot? She would probably beat me( not by much). I'd give her a run for her money.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks mom, trying to put me on the spot? She would probably beat me( not by much). I'd give her a run for her money.
I'm way too rusty now - would probably only beat hit by a few strokes : ))

Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM

I want to get in on this bet...how much $ to open?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingRidgeMom View Post
I want to get in on this bet...how much $ to open?
I'd have to go easy on her. You know like bowling, i believe they have "handicap", in that sport.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I'd have to go easy on her. You know like bowling, i believe they have "handicap", in that sport.
Ok Wiley...my money's on you girlfriend. If it's bowling I'll put money on myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey