U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 AM

7,577 posts, read 14,751,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I wasn't completely clear - she purchased it already remodeled - hasn't sunk a dime into it - and she's expecting $60K profit in 2 years? hell, i hope she gets it - i wouldn't give you $400K for it though - she purchased it because it's a busy road and she advertises herself on the outside.
Ok, now I agree : )) Must be on the "mountain" then? One of those older homes smack dab on Rt. 24. Hummm, now I know where you live : )))) I'm sure we know eachother - do your kids play soccer at all?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM

7 posts, read 31,744 times
Default A Fiscally Responsible Person

I don't know if I'm the majority of people causing the housing bubble to break, but I assume that I am so listen up.

Me:
I am extremely fiscally responsible. I make slightly above the median. I have excellent credit. I have been in my job for 3 years, my fiance for 5 years. She has excellent credit.

What We Want:
3-4BR House in a nice neighborhood with a yard, a nice school system, and a feeling of safety going for a run at 9-10pm at night. We would like this for a reasonable amount of money.

What We Are Offered:
Leaky Basements, Bad or Outdated Wiring, "As-Is" Only Purchases, Neighborhoods like Warzones, Pushy Awful Hellish Agents, Bedrooms I can Reach my Arms Wall2Wall, Rusty CarPorts, Old Dog Smell, 1/2 Bath = Toilet in the Basement, "Kitchenettes."

You greedy real estate agents spent the last 6-8 years selling houses to people you knew couldn't afford them, now the government looks everywhere to bail them out. Meanwhile, an entire generation of people who would WILL NOT BUY INFLATED PRICES BECAUSE WE ARE FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE cannot buy a home that we deem worth living in.

Quite simply, I am waiting. Every time I read about a foreclosure, a public auction, or another real estate agent losing their job I grin from ear to ear. You are now reaping what you have sown; the sad part is that you've already made your money off these peoples misery, so many agents are already well-off; indeed I can see it in their condescending attitudes in how they speak to me.

Maybe we've got a whole bunch of life-time New Jerseyians just like me waiting to be able to buy a house that they deem livable at a price that those ABOVE the median can afford without working 4 jobs a year (as a Teacher, I work 3).

So the truth is, Agents, that Young New Jerseyians have no interest in your current load (housing, that is).

Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM

11,671 posts, read 20,992,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Ok, now I agree : )) Must be on the "mountain" then? One of those older homes smack dab on Rt. 24. Hummm, now I know where you live : )))) I'm sure we know eachother - do your kids play soccer at all?

no and no. lol

Old 03-10-2008, 01:18 PM

3,782 posts, read 5,935,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeline010 View Post
I don't know if I'm the majority of people causing the housing bubble to break, but I assume that I am so listen up.

Me:
I am extremely fiscally responsible. I make slightly above the median. I have excellent credit. I have been in my job for 3 years, my fiance for 5 years. She has excellent credit.

What We Want:
3-4BR House in a nice neighborhood with a yard, a nice school system, and a feeling of safety going for a run at 9-10pm at night. We would like this for a reasonable amount of money.

What We Are Offered:
Leaky Basements, Bad or Outdated Wiring, "As-Is" Only Purchases, Neighborhoods like Warzones, Pushy Awful Hellish Agents, Bedrooms I can Reach my Arms Wall2Wall, Rusty CarPorts, Old Dog Smell, 1/2 Bath = Toilet in the Basement, "Kitchenettes."

You greedy real estate agents spent the last 6-8 years selling houses to people you knew couldn't afford them, now the government looks everywhere to bail them out. Meanwhile, an entire generation of people who would WILL NOT BUY INFLATED PRICES BECAUSE WE ARE FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE cannot buy a home that we deem worth living in.

Quite simply, I am waiting. Every time I read about a foreclosure, a public auction, or another real estate agent losing their job I grin from ear to ear. You are now reaping what you have sown; the sad part is that you've already made your money off these peoples misery, so many agents are already well-off; indeed I can see it in their condescending attitudes in how they speak to me.

Maybe we've got a whole bunch of life-time New Jerseyians just like me waiting to be able to buy a house that they deem livable at a price that those ABOVE the median can afford without working 4 jobs a year (as a Teacher, I work 3).

So the truth is, Agents, that Young New Jerseyians have no interest in your current load (housing, that is).
They could try another career field as they only have 40 hours to complete the course at the community college. But I agree a few years back they wouldn't return calls and you had to practically beg them to go see homes and the first one they wanted you to buy. I have bought 5 houses and had 5 terrible agents. I know there are good ones out there they are just hard to find. Look at this forum they are practically begging us to buy a house. They made their bed just like we did and now it's time for all of us to sleep in it.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 PM

52 posts, read 157,047 times
Quote:

Me:

What We Want:

What We Are Offered:

Amen. We're in the same boat - make above median, fiscally responsible and are being offered what you're being offered. Lord knows there's got to be thousands more of us who'll wait if then can too.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM

7,114 posts, read 13,519,147 times
And how many houses have you guys looked at? I've walked over 100 houses, I'd say 50-60 were used houses, the rest new communities. We then drove by others, passing them by due to how the house sat on the property.

It's pretty bad when what you are selling is better then what is out there, yet they are $100k+ more then what we were asking at the time.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
no and no. lol
You live in LV and your kids don't play soccer? I thought that was mandatory : )) Between you and me, LV has some of the toughest Soccer moms out there - had to stand between two one time to keep them from beating the crap out of eachother...they take their travel soccer very seriousyl!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:01 PM

The Brits have the right idea for selling homes. It's either Offers Over or Fixed Price. None of this haggling - trying to see how low the seller will go - it's already determined. And the realtor (listing agent) only gets about 1% off the sale.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:24 PM

786 posts, read 1,628,932 times
Quote:
I know of several real estate agents who have been driven out of the business. It's a tough situation out there, and I think it's going to get much worse with the very high oil prices, loss of homes by people whose major assets are in the homes, unemployment, and the war in iraq draining $12 billion from us every month (?)

Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM

3,247 posts, read 6,126,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
The Brits have the right idea for selling homes. It's either Offers Over or Fixed Price. None of this haggling - trying to see how low the seller will go - it's already determined. And the realtor (listing agent) only gets about 1% off the sale.
That is not true at all. Offers over is in Scotland otherwise you can offer what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey