Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 03:09 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,489,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
Linden was always the smelly part of the turnpike when I was a kid traveling to shore, smelled terrible back in the 70's and 80's, not so bad nowadays.
I'm surprised nobody ever complained when they are in Kearny or Bayonne still smells. The amount of asbestos around Harrison is dangerous because of the demo work around the around. Cars are the biggest cause of pollution, google it and that's why CA has smog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,498,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
if the gangbangers don't kill you, the property taxes will.
this is funny........you made me laugh.......

Old 04-17-2017, 01:12 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm surprised nobody ever complained when they are in Kearny or Bayonne still smells. The amount of asbestos around Harrison is dangerous because of the demo work around the around. Cars are the biggest cause of pollution, google it and that's why CA has smog.
Bayonne smells like garbage? What?

Linden is a weird mix of aggressive drivers, ghetto, ghetto bad drivers, and business owning aggressive drivers of all walks of life. Wood Ave has a lot of cops, as does all Linden. Kind of makes you forget that Union County is supposed to be strict.

Linden reminds me of Elizabeth kinda.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:48 PM

I just swung by Linden recently, I get what you mean. But what exactly defines ghetto? I think the definition of a ghetto in this forum lately is people of certain race/demographics roaming around, loud music playing, and types of stores. What I get from my visit is that it's got some commercial area away from some very run down areas. I don't know of Starbucks in any ghetto area. Not to mention having Target and Shoprite. Elizabeth doesn't have any of these stores because it has been ghetto for a long time. And businesses flee ghettos.

I'm afraid that Woodbridge area is starting to make the change to worst.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:12 PM

857 posts, read 826,563 times
Hey what's wrong with Woodbridge?

Old 04-19-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Hey what's wrong with Woodbridge?
I was there a few times and even seen in the news, crime has picked up there. It hasn't gone down in the gutter yet but there's the quality of life crime I'm seeing. I went to Shoprite, I have never seen a full-time police officer inside Shoprite, I read that many NY and NJ criminals often go to Shoprites and make large thefts of razors, baby formulas, and medicines. Woodbridge mall had a few scares in the past with thefts and standoff.

Police Blotter: Shoplifters hit Home Depot, Woodbridge Center

We were in Macy's and my son pointed out to me and said some kids were stuffing clothes inside their jackets. I told him never to report this stuff to police or others, tell me 1st or else you may risk getting hurt by bad people.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:37 PM

Maybe those kids were just "green" and trying to save on shopping bags.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Maybe those kids were just "green" and trying to save on shopping bags.
My son is old enough to know what those kids were doing, problem is I'm running out of explanation to tell him why he sees the same type of kids or people committing the quality of life crime. He's already started establishing what kind of kids are troublemakers. That's not for this topic but that's the general problem in these areas. It becomes a rodent problem, if you don't fix this problem in one neighborhood it eventually spread to neighboring ones.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My son is old enough to know what those kids were doing, problem is I'm running out of explanation to tell him why he sees the same type of kids or people committing the quality of life crime. He's already started establishing what kind of kids are troublemakers. That's not for this topic but that's the general problem in these areas. It becomes a rodent problem, if you don't fix this problem in one neighborhood it eventually spread to neighboring ones.
I don't know too much about the town itself. I always thought of it as a nice working class town. The mall is getting a bit sketchy though.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:21 PM

207 posts, read 511,266 times
Linden is not ghetto.

Your daughter will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey